SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-09-09, 07:19 AM   #71
hovis

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevtwin650 View Post
Didn't think Hovis should be thinking of organising an AR as he's been stressing big time about the TT weekend coming up soon.

no im not,

im just trying to please everyone regarding food, i relised thats not going to happen due to people ariving at differnt times, its sorted, bbq will be lit on the friday at about 7ish, unless its raining
Old 03-09-09, 07:26 AM   #72
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post

no im not,

im just trying to please everyone regarding food, i relised thats not going to happen due to people ariving at differnt times, its sorted, bbq will be lit on the friday at about 7ish, unless its raining
Yes you were mate. About booking the bunkhouse in the first place for instance.

You don't always take on board what people tell you either.

However if you have a good supporting team around you then go for it
Old 03-09-09, 07:30 AM   #73
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Okidoke.............regarding PeteVTwins post on the Proposal thread....here goes!

What's written on the website doesn't completely count for us as we are a rally. That is why we have exclusive use of the private bar, free of charge and also why I have been able to arrange that dogs and kids are free.

To repeat......DOGS AND CHILDREN ARE FREE!

The hotel is being very obliging and yes, they do offer breakfast for campers, but that does not apply to a rally of 100+ people. They could potentially have a system where you could book in advance, but I am working on some on site catering for the camping field that would supply a breakfast, drinks etc at a much lower cost than the hotels, so when I have it finalised, I will get those details up tomorrow. When I do, I will re-point the map to show where that would be as well. If that comes through, which I think it will, it will mean on site food and drinks all weekend....no having to wait for anything and all the food will be local, produced by farmers just a few miles from camp.
Old 03-09-09, 07:33 AM   #74
hovis

Quote:
that was because i phoed 10 diferant places and they were all full,
Quote:
not sure what you mean there, but you cant please all the people all the time.
Quote:
i have

Last edited by hovis; 03-09-09 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-09-09, 07:34 AM   #75
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:

He's always taken on board anything I've heard people say to him, so I don't really understand that, but this AR organising isn't and shouldn't be about pointing out other peoples possible flaws........we're trying to organise a fab weekend for all and so far.....its looking superfab. Hovis has been chilled as a chilled thing in the land of chill.....lol.

Hey Pete......if we have it in Wales......it'll be like bringing Larry to see all his long lost relatives
Old 03-09-09, 07:39 AM   #76
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
That part of Wales really is excellent.

Wherever we go, is it time to recognise that, given the size of the likely attendance, a one size fits all approach is now getting inappropriate. Some will no doubt want to go fast. Some prefer a more sedate pace. Faster riders won't want to wait for slower ones, and slower peeps will feel pressurised into riding faster than they really want to. Should we have two starts?

Just a thought.

Ed
Having attended my first AR this year and i was concerned that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace. But it wasn't the case and because of the great organisation and size of the group, it wasn't really possible for the fast riders to go too far ahead. The marshalling was great, so us slower riders didn't get lost and having a TEC ensured any stragglers were rounded up to make each stop for fuel etc.

I just let the fast riders go past me if they wanted to and apart from one rider being asked to modify his riding style, everyone rode safe.

So all that needs to make next years ride out a success is the same process and planning that went into this years ride out.

I wouldn't want two groups as you'd need double the number of marshalls, which would place a big strain on the organiser(s) to arrange
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 07:49 AM   #77
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
i gotta agree with Hovis from the other thread can we have it in June this time in 2008 it rained (July) June seems to get the better weather
The date will be whenever you guys decide you want it. However I believe Hovis' proposal has constraints against the date as the hotel only has a few weekends free for next year. So they choice maybe limited.

IMHO it'll be best to sort the date out once we know where we are going.

As for the rideout itself, the facilities, the exact details, guys its at least 10 - 12 months for all this to be sorted out. Its ages away do we really need to start nit picking / discussing the small exacting details of the weekend ?

I really dont want this to degenerate again into bickering and moaning and complaining. So rather than picking holes or moaning its to far away or posting "I want to go here" comments, why not have a think about what you could offer in your area and put a proposal up

Nothing is set in stone, nothing is decided, nothing is pre planned or arranged

Its your forum, its your weekend, you as a community are deciding what we do. If we only get one proposal well IMHO we'd be daft not to take it, if we get more than one we will vote simple as.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-09, 07:59 AM   #78
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

+1 Fizz. For the Wales proposal, I can possibly get a few more dates, but whenever it is, there will be people that are happy and people that are not. That's what happens when things go to a vote, but the voting system is the best option by far. At least by getting it sorted sooner rather than later, all proposed venues will be able to offer Orgers the best possible chance of getting the time off work!
Old 03-09-09, 08:04 AM   #79
petevtwin650

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
Okidoke.............regarding PeteVTwins post on the Proposal thread....here goes!

What's written on the website doesn't completely count for us as we are a rally. That is why we have exclusive use of the private bar, free of charge and also why I have been able to arrange that dogs and kids are free.

To repeat......DOGS AND CHILDREN ARE FREE!

The hotel is being very obliging and yes, they do offer breakfast for campers, but that does not apply to a rally of 100+ people. They could potentially have a system where you could book in advance, but I am working on some on site catering for the camping field that would supply a breakfast, drinks etc at a much lower cost than the hotels, so when I have it finalised, I will get those details up tomorrow. When I do, I will re-point the map to show where that would be as well. If that comes through, which I think it will, it will mean on site food and drinks all weekend....no having to wait for anything and all the food will be local, produced by farmers just a few miles from camp.
My post, which was snipped from the Hotels own website, was done to show that brekkie was available. I'm sure nowhere near 100 people will partake of it, either due to cost or the timing.

The other snip showed that dormitories are available and also rooms, which I believe was not mentioned in the original proposal.

Obviously prices shown could possibly vary due to bulk booking which is all to the good.

I'm not picking at anything, just trying to show how all round perfect the site and location appear to be.
Old 03-09-09, 08:20 AM   #80
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
My post, which was snipped from the Hotels own website, was done to show that brekkie was available. I'm sure nowhere near 100 people will partake of it, either due to cost or the timing.

The other snip showed that dormitories are available and also rooms, which I believe was not mentioned in the original proposal.

Obviously prices shown could possibly vary due to bulk booking which is all to the good.

I'm not picking at anything, just trying to show how all round perfect the site and location appear to be.

I for one was pleased you posted that Pete as it highlighted some of the things I had forgotten to add. Hovis and I have discussed it so much, I forget what I've told him and what I've actually put on the forum....lol.

Didn't think you were picking at all, I was simply answering the points raised.

Not everyone reads everything, so wanted to point out about Dogs and Kids to make it clear.

As for brekkie, yep......hotel does provide and it's a great cost, but I will probably post nearer the time asking people to support the on site catering as much as they can as they'll be giving subsidising the menu hugely for us as a favour and it would be good to support the local farms.

I thought I had mentioned about the dorm accommodation? If not.....ooops, I know I told Hovis about it. All just makes the venue even better though.....not just somewhere to sleep.....but a choice of where to sleep. Not just somewhere to eat, but a choice of where to eat

Last edited by gruntygiggles; 03-09-09 at 08:29 AM.
gruntygiggles is offline   Reply With Quote