SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-02-09, 08:57 AM   #1
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Toasters - Talk, Tuning & Tweaking

I know a few people have been going on about the useless drivel which has been posted on the forums of late, so I thought I'd keep it relevant to the masses and ask for a bit of advice about my toaster...

It's a breville toaster which we've had for just over a year and I think it may be on its way out. You know, when the elements don't have a consistent/evenly distributed glow, so a slice of bread becomes burnt toast at one end whilst the other end is warm floppy bread. Is there a way to tune or tweak the element to get it back to new? Cleaning maybe? Or is it just something which happens with toasters over time?

This is really starting to affect my state of mind, and me and vicky have been arguing alot recently... I think this could be one of the underlying causes.

If the toaster is completely buggered, could anyone recommend me a decent one? Ta!

edit: just look at it... http://lh6.ggpht.com/_c5nU_S1VtbY/SY...20/Picture.jpg

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..

Last edited by Paul the 6th; 02-02-09 at 09:04 AM.
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 09:11 AM   #2
Miss Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Toasters - Talk, Tuning & Tweaking

Oh dear, unevenly cooked toast is not good..! Maybe you should just buy a new one I have no idea what one (who knew there was so much choice), but at the moment I have a £5 one from morrisons which seems to be doing ok so far Only downside is that it isn't deep enough so part of the bread doesnt get toasted very well. My solution? Jab it in! (ok the toast ends up a bit deformed but im only going to eat it anyway )

Maria
Old 02-02-09, 10:28 AM   #3
Reckless Rat

Interesting... Our Breville toaster is now doing a similar pattern.
I'm not sure there's a fix, time for a new one!
Old 02-02-09, 10:37 AM   #4
Dappa D

ahhh drivel.....love it.....personally if i were to purchase a new one id have to stick with the 4 slice variety....however....tesco direct have £22 off this little number...classic black.....2 slice....

check it out http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-4591.aspx

HTH
Old 02-02-09, 10:39 AM   #5
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

anyone else noticed that bread doesn't seem to fit into toaster properly anymore? i.e. about an inch sticking out??
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 10:43 AM   #6
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

I blame the government
Old 02-02-09, 10:47 AM   #7
Odin

Without any doubt the coolist toaster on this or any other planet

http://ktm.co.uk/index.php?id=248&po...726&isotype=19

nuff said
Old 02-02-09, 10:52 AM   #8
shonadoll

I've got a Dualit toaster, got fed up with chucking them out. You can replace most of the bits, buy spare elements etc. Mine also makes toasted sandwiches. Not cheap but good cos you can get spares.
Old 02-02-09, 11:13 AM   #9
Sudoxe

Pop the bread up half way through and turn it upside down. Both sides get toasted evenly.

It's an art, but easily achievable...the toaster at work did this for the past 4 years, so its an acquired skill...

Dan
Old 02-02-09, 11:15 AM   #10
pmapp
Mega Poster

Oooo, get the one with the egg poacher on the side. We found it about 2 weeks after we purchased ours last year.

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote