SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-04-10, 11:13 AM   #1
Daimo

Default Standard Indicators

Posting this on here as we share teh same indicators.

Basically, my indicator has fallen off. Theres 2 holes, one has the wiring running through it, and the other has a bolt which tightens from inside of the rear tail unit.

Now im presuming that bolt goes all the way into the indicator, but mines not anymore and hangs off. Can anyone confirm if the bolt you do up travels all the way inside the indicator, as I can't tell whether the bolt has simply sheered off (hence why its hanging) or if it was stuck in with some kinda glue.

I've tried bonding it on, but its come back off again leading me to think its sheered bolt, but can anyone on here confirm it as we use the same indicators.

I've put a pic below, but if there IS a bolt in there, its sheered arm part of the indicator (further inside from where i've circled).

Can anyone confirm/deny it? If so I just need a new indicator which is fine. If not, then I can't work out how the bugger was bonded on.
Old 09-04-10, 11:46 AM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: Standard Indicators

Does this photo help?
Looks like there is something else inside with a thread on it that the bolt that youcan see screws onto.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-10, 12:08 PM   #3
Daimo

Default Re: Standard Indicators

See thats what I thought, I didn't think the bolt looked sheered?

The backing plate on the inside of the tail is there, as is the nut still attached. But it goes inside the indicator, and whilst it doesn't looked sheered, I cannot work out how else it would have been attached?

Im so confused. Tape didn't work Currently hanging by two very pikey looking cable ties no-where near its proper position