SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-05-07, 10:52 AM   #1
Ollie_07

Question SV650 Sport Colours

Hi guys,

Im looking at getting a new SV650 Sport and am wondering on the colours.

Im a big fan of the dark sort of royal blue type colour, but have been unable to find anywhere which states the exact names of the colours they are produced in.
This is the one i like;

According to a few dealers ive been too, they are only available in like an ice blue/silver colour, and also a turquoise blue, as shown below;

iceblue/silver;

turquoise blue;

However on the Suzuki GB website, it shows the colour i want, on the bike i want.

Am i going mad and its just the light in different pictures make it look darker, or is the colour in the top pic still available or maybe its a special edition?? has anyone got a full list of colours and pictures? as in the 2007 brochure, it doesnt give full details.

Cheers!

Ollie
Old 20-05-07, 10:57 AM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV650 Sport Colours

The "Sport" is in last years colours, Ice Blue or Turqoise blue.

They never produced it in the darker Royal Blue as that wasnt a colour option for the 2006 model bike. If you want one in that colour then you'll have to buy this years model bike.

Remember the sport was a standard SVS with lowers and a seat cowl included in the price and that was the only difference.

If you want to replicate that look, you'll have to shell out extra for the lowers and seat cowl. But with the 0% finance deal they've got going on its still IMHO just as good a deal.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-07, 10:58 AM   #3
gettin2dizzy

definitely 3 different colours. View them outside, they look so different under artificial light. Both the silver/turq. work well with the black frame. suzuki-gb.com should have all the 07 specs up
Old 20-05-07, 10:58 AM   #4
husky03
Mega Poster

don't matter which colour you buy-once you get it take it to your nearest bodyshop and get in hovis'd.

husky
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-07, 11:01 AM   #5
Ollie_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
The "Sport" is in last years colours, Ice Blue or Turqoise blue.

They never produced it in the darker Royal Blue as that wasnt a colour option for the 2006 model bike. If you want one in that colour then you'll have to buy this years model bike.

Remember the sport was a standard SVS with lowers and a seat cowl included in the price and that was the only difference.

If you want to replicate that look, you'll have to shell out extra for the lowers and seat cowl. But with the 0% finance deal they've got going on its still IMHO just as good a deal.
I see

Well V&J Superbikes are doing the sport for £3995 so im assuming they are last years model?

So the only way to do it is by buying this years model and changing the 2 bits myself?
Old 20-05-07, 11:02 AM   #6
Ollie_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
don't matter which colour you buy-once you get it take it to your nearest bodyshop and get in hovis'd.

husky
sorry mate, youve lost me!

(newbie here)
Old 20-05-07, 11:03 AM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_07 View Post
I see

Well V&J Superbikes are doing the sport for £3995 so im assuming they are last years model?

So the only way to do it is by buying this years model and changing the 2 bits myself?
Yes you are correct.

Which branch of V & J have you been to ?

Old 20-05-07, 11:05 AM   #8
G
Mega Poster

I have a 650 Sport and it looks almost identical in colour to the press photos, in artificial light it looked dodgy in the showroom, but has never looked like the turqouise blue photo
Old 20-05-07, 11:08 AM   #9
Ollie_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Yes you are correct.

Which branch of V & J have you been to ?
Im Popping to Bridgewater today... who supposedly have them in stock
Old 20-05-07, 11:09 AM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie_07 View Post
Im Popping to Bridgewater today... who supposedly have them in stock
They did last time I was there, failing that V & J in Mudford definately had some when I was there yesteday.