SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 19-06-18, 08:14 PM   #1
Balti

Default k8 svs for sale 1300.00 pounds

SUZUKI SV650S K8 26000 MILES, MOT TILL MARCH 2019

Selling my k8 SVS at the bargain price of 1300.00 so what's the catch... the bike needs a couple of minor bits doing, so for anyone who's a handy mechanic this could represent a bargain and you could have a nicely sorted SV for well under 2k all in if you decide to go all the way and sort the forks with emulators, springs etc. Decided I'd prefer an IL4 rather than a twin after riding this for the past year otherwise id do the work myself and keep it...

first the bad points:

the forks need sorting, did the seals last week and replaced the oil, but the bushings also need replacing as there's a bit of play still. they need also need painting, sanded off the old paint where corrosion was coming through but never got round to painting them again.

there are 2 cracks in the fairing on the left side due to a low speed drop at traffic lights, both have been fibre glass repaired from the inside of the fairing and could be painted over if you're bothered, said drop also snapped the clutch lever. replaced with an ebay special I could get my hands on cheap at the time, so brake and clutch levers aren't matching

final thing is the bike has no mirrors, didn’t have ' em when I bought it and never got around to sorting out that dangerous little niggle!

Otherwise this is a nicely sorted bike and clean considering it's 10 years old, pulls really well and not let me down once in the 9000 miles of commuting I've owned it for. It has had all the following stuff put on on it / done to it recently

Beowulf titanium exhaust
K and N air filter
Hel braided front lines
EBC hh sintered front pads at the end of last year
EBC rear pads 2 months ago
DID VX x ring chain, and JT sprockets (15-45 ratio) 2 months ago.
Bridgestone t30evo tyres with 1000's of miles left on them
Battery replaced 6 months ago

had a full service about 5000 miles ago with valve checks and throttle body balance, and I keep on top of everything else, brakes bled twice a year, oil every 3000 miles etc, brake callipers recently stripped and rebuilt with new seals.

Aside from the niggles this is a properly sorted little SV, not really willing to move on price as its already cheap. If it doesn't sell rather id rather just sort out all the little bits and sell it for a better price, but I’ve seen a replacement bike advertised I quite fancy so keen for a quick sale...

based in Leeds and York, viewings and test rides welcome with cash in hand.

pics on gumtree:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...les/1303377487
Old 19-06-18, 08:34 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: k8 svs for sale 1300.00 pounds

lovely cheep bike. but from the colour its a K6 registered in 2008.
Bibio is online now   Reply With Quote