SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-04-05, 07:44 PM   #11
Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser01
Patch,

You are never happy.....
i was ince

Quote:
The legislation relating to construction and Use has not changed....it is still the same.....
Perhaps you could ask those in the know what exact legislation they refer to, by Act and section number. It would be interesting to know from where their police get the power

Quote:
as i said, this is the police view not an MOT view....if there are contradictions then that is for the goverment to take up....the purpose of the thread is to give someone an insight to how the police view the situation.
And my post represents the view of the punter. If I have a silencer fitted which has been subject to inspection by a certified MOT tester and found to be compliant how would your colleagues deal with a nutter such as me who challenged them to take me to court over it.

Quote:
..if your not happy with the content of this thread then feel free to ignore it...
No desire to ignore it I am genuinely interested in all perpectives, after all as Sun Tze says in his work The Art of War - "Know your Enemy as you know yourself"

Quote:
Happy biking
Always
Old 05-04-05, 07:51 PM   #12
northwind
Mega Poster

See, I feel sorry for the Police, being landed in this situation... can't make the job any easier can it?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 12:22 AM   #13
Warren

can i ask a question fraizer ?
do you have a tinted visor, small plate or a race can ? he he he

cheers for finding out for us all BTW.
Old 06-04-05, 08:01 AM   #14
Iansv

moved to biking issues, bit more appropriate there
Old 06-04-05, 08:12 AM   #15
Viney
Mega Poster

Its great in it.

Thats why i dont faff around with all this baffle stuff. I have race can, small plate. If i get done i get done simple. The officers are doing thier job, rightly or wrongly, well rightly. At the end of the day, no its not the end of the world that we have a race can, and yes there are more heniuos(sp?) crimes, but a law is a law no matter how silly, and if you break it and get causght, then tough titty!

However, what Fraser and patch say just highlights the complicatedness of it all, and that sometimes, legslation/rule changes conflict with each other.

As KeithD's sig says, its all bolloz init, and you cant say fairer than that.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-05, 08:19 AM   #16
Captain Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind
See, I feel sorry for the Police, being landed in this situation... can't make the job any easier can it?

yeah........me too..

not!

breakinthelawbreakinthelaw...
Old 06-04-05, 08:56 AM   #17
Ceri JC

Cheers for that Fraser, although most of it was fairly obvious, I'm sure it has helped clear some points up for people EG, I didn't know if you had a 6 digit registration number, you could legally have smaller plates, albeit of a given size.

Just out of interest on the matter of race/illegal exhausts (I mean out and out illegal ones- not baffleable ones with the baffle removed), what doe people do re: insurance? Will your insurer issue you a quote/policy, even if you declare it? Surely if you have an (undeclared) illegal exhaust, it's a sure-fire way for them to get out of paying out (as technically it's a performance modification, as well as an aesthetic one, you can sort of see their point)?

Do you just insure it as a stock can, or perhaps the road legal version of your illegal can? Perhaps the insurers will happily insure an illegal can?
I have little interest in changing my can- I'm just intrigued...
Old 06-04-05, 09:01 AM   #18
BillyC
Mega Poster

Here we go again!
Old 06-04-05, 09:29 AM   #19
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Its great in it.

Thats why i dont faff around with all this baffle stuff. I have race can, small plate. If i get done i get done simple. The officers are doing thier job, rightly or wrongly, well rightly. At the end of the day, no its not the end of the world that we have a race can, and yes there are more heniuos(sp?) crimes, but a law is a law no matter how silly, and if you break it and get causght, then tough titty!

However, what Fraser and patch say just highlights the complicatedness of it all, and that sometimes, legslation/rule changes conflict with each other.

As KeithD's sig says, its all bolloz init, and you cant say fairer than that.
spot on viney.
Old 06-04-05, 09:31 AM   #20
Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Cheers for that Fraser, although most of it was fairly obvious, I'm sure it has helped clear some points up for people EG, I didn't know if you had a 6 digit registration number, you could legally have smaller plates, albeit of a given size.

Just out of interest on the matter of race/illegal exhausts (I mean out and out illegal ones- not baffleable ones with the baffle removed), what doe people do re: insurance? Will your insurer issue you a quote/policy, even if you declare it? Surely if you have an (undeclared) illegal exhaust, it's a sure-fire way for them to get out of paying out (as technically it's a performance modification, as well as an aesthetic one, you can sort of see their point)?

Do you just insure it as a stock can, or perhaps the road legal version of your illegal can? Perhaps the insurers will happily insure an illegal can?
I have little interest in changing my can- I'm just intrigued...
well my origional can was scratched up, and i took it to a dealer who said he could replace it with a standard one for 600 quid, or one made my another company for 200 quid.

how was i supposed to know it was a race can ?