SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-09-10, 12:31 AM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default DOH!!!! 3 points and £60 fine

This is a repost of something from the Border Patrol section .

I was going up Rhuallt Hill on the A55 with a Pillion on Sunday morning . I was perfectly behaved on the road right until after St.Asaph . I saw the car in front of me and overtook in a progressive manner and decided to open the taps a bit up the hill to clear past all the Caravans and Lorries .. It is 3 lanes up there . Got to the top and backed off to 70 mph . The Audi overtook me about a minute later and pulled in front of me and I knew there and then that I was gonna get pulled , I backed off to 60 just as the Blues came on and pulled into Caerwys slip road . He got out and my Pillion got off and I removed the lid . He said "Do you want the bad news or the bad news ?" I just laughed and said "Go on then" . He explained that my average was 89 mph and that he had followed me up Rhuallt and that if it wasn`t a Sunday then I may have just had a telling off , but Sundays are Zero Tolerance and "Operation Focus" was in effect .

He made me an offer of a fixed penalty and 3 points and said I was remarkably good humoured about it all . I did explain that I have never had points ever and am not usually prone to giving it the berries , and that I was on my way to look at a car , handed him my licence . He actually apologised a few times to me as well which I found weird . Anyhooo , I got back on the bike and carried on up the slip road and re-joined the A55 on the other side and carried on my merry way . He appeared to carry on back around the roundabout as if he was gonna go back the other way , we saw a Police Bike doing the same thing a minute earlier . As it happens I carried on at a slower pace of around 65 mph whilst I mulled it all over and got it out of my system and resigned myself to the fact I had just increased my Insurance premium for a Car I had yet to buy ..... and blow me the same Police car came past me again . It was as if he waited a little bit and then decided to follow me again . Now in my Mirrors he went an entirely different direction , probably lurked for a minute to do something then joined the A55 , so if you do get pulled , don`t do an angry blast as you just may get a stiffer penalty .

This has not been my best Birthday weekend to be perfectly honest .... I knew I should have gone out and got piddled and then stayed in on a Sunday .

Last edited by xXBADGERXx; 13-09-10 at 12:34 AM.
Old 13-09-10, 01:06 AM   #2
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default Re: DOH!!!! 3 points and £60 fine

Ah no...this is poo, but at least you didn't get the "stiffer penalty"

Honestly, let it go and don't let it ruin your weekend...or your birthday celebrations.

Look at it as just something to look forward to.........you can now count down the time until you can get the points removed
Old 13-09-10, 01:19 AM   #3
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

It΄s about time someone got you to slow down.

Buying your new Honda is a start and this can only help...
Old 13-09-10, 01:33 AM   #4
davepreston

speeding you dirty criminal, none of us on here would do such a disgraceful thing, they should have thrown the book at ya

oh sorry 89 not 189 what are they complaining about and badge you must try harder
Old 13-09-10, 02:18 AM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Good job I was 2 up mate .... and that was average speed , I was clocked higher
Old 13-09-10, 05:45 AM   #6
metalangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
He actually apologised a few times to me as well which I found weird .
He feels guilty about having to book someone he knows full well (and even said) would have been let off otherwise!
Old 13-09-10, 06:07 AM   #7
Bri w

Tough luck Badger.

Nowt like a bit of consistent Policing to p!55 off Joe Public. Speed 6 days a week but take Sunday off...

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 07:34 AM   #8
Dicky Ticker

In todays modern society a SP30 and three points is the norm and my insurance company don't penalise you to any great extent for this. Having a clean license is a rarity for anybody who does a fairly high annual mileage,especially when a bike is involved-----Welcome to the club
Old 13-09-10, 10:54 AM   #9
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

I picked up 3 points at the end of july badger - 7 years of driving cars and 3 years on the bike without even a parking ticket, was getting on the motorway at about 55mph but nipped over a solid white line 'cos a truck was blocking me from getting on...

the police car behind the truck had me straight away. 25 next year as well - it woulda been a biig drop on insurance but now I get to decalre my points and push it back up again..

Still, better than getting the stiff penalty at wrecsam YOI

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-10, 11:02 AM   #10
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicky Ticker View Post
In todays modern society a SP30 and three points is the norm and my insurance company don't penalise you to any great extent for this.
Try being a younger driver with little experience, it can affect premiums a great deal

Sucks you got stung mate, but glad it's "only" an SP30 and not something spicier... Have you checked what your insurance may be on the car? Bearing in mind it'll jump once you pass your test - Not sure how they weight it combined with age and experience but I thought I'd got caught a few years back, probably 22/23 with 5/6yrs driving and the premium went up by ~10% - about £50 at the time, the jump was much higher when I was starting out but I was also young and stupid. Car insurers definitely seem to be harsher than bike insurers when it comes to ramping up the premium for little things...

Edit: had a mosey on over to your profile... I thought you were 10/15yrs younger dude, seriously, must be the afternoon naps - I reckon you'll be fine on the insurance front as you certainly don't fit the typical new driver profile
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...

Last edited by the_lone_wolf; 13-09-10 at 11:05 AM.
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote