SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-06-11, 01:59 PM   #1
Speedy Claire

Smile 3 Points, £60 Fine And A Dozen Red Roses

Had decided to maybe meet up with Chris and Dave yesterday at the Ponderosa but we were a bit lazy and didn`t go out until after lunch when the weather turned glorious. My day was perhaps not as incident free as Chris and Daves tho as on the way home I managed to get 3 points and a £60 fine

I have to say tho that if ever I hear anything bad about the Welsh police again I will jump to their defence. The young guy that stopped me was absolutely brilliant.... yep I got done for 95 in a 70 but believe me it could`ve been a hell of a lot worse. Once he knew my job and my need for a licence he said he`d only do me for the lesser speed and boy am I glad!!! I could`ve hugged him!!

Dave is still racked with guilt that it was me who got pulled (as he was obv as guilty as me on the speeding charge) but I waved him on when I got pulled over as I couldn`t see the point in us both being done for speeding. I think it`s a risk we all take when riding with others but I cannot see the point in everyone stopping and risking prosecution.

We`d had a lovely afternoons riding in glorious sunshine... Did 200 miles and went to Beddgelert in the vain hope that we might bump into Chris and Dave which obv we didn`t but the ice cream made up for it

Again, I can`t complain about the fine and points as I`m extremely lucky and I can only thank the lovely policeman for his kindness. I was sent on my way with instructions to give Dave the lecture that I`d had but when I got further up the road to where Dave was waiting for me the same policeman had already found him but from the smiles I don`t think he was being too serious.

Dave is so full of gratitude to me for taking the rap that as well as 3 points and a £60 fine I also received a dozen red roses and a bottle of wine

Last edited by Speedy Claire; 12-06-11 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 02:10 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: 3 Points, £60 Fine And A Dozen Red Roses

Bloody hooligan !!
Old 12-06-11, 02:12 PM   #3
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Bloody hooligan !!

I am indeed
Old 12-06-11, 03:45 PM   #4
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

awwwww

Mand got a single red rose in Manchester yesterday .. for nuffink.!

Glad you not banned - they dont call you speedy Claire for nothin hun
Old 12-06-11, 05:08 PM   #5
darylB

Tsk, Tsk, naughty girl, you shold have told him it was your diets fault as you're so much lighter the bike goes faster, . didn't he offer you a speed awareness course or were you going too fast to be eligible. It's a shame he didn't just advise you to get some advanced training as I'd have been first in the queue to take you out.

Daryl.
Old 12-06-11, 05:31 PM   #6
skeetly

Poo.
Where did you get pulled Claire? And by what?
skeetly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 05:43 PM   #7
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiff Wichard View Post
awwwww

Mand got a single red rose in Manchester yesterday .. for nuffink.!

Glad you not banned - they dont call you speedy Claire for nothin hun

Awww Mandy deserves a red rose Dave...... she`s very special x

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylB View Post
Tsk, Tsk, naughty girl, you shold have told him it was your diets fault as you're so much lighter the bike goes faster, . didn't he offer you a speed awareness course or were you going too fast to be eligible. It's a shame he didn't just advise you to get some advanced training as I'd have been first in the queue to take you out.

Daryl.

lol I love your excuse Daryl... what a shame I didn`t think of that!! He didn`t offer me the speed awareness course, I`d have probably loved to do it. Not sure what the eligible speed is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeetly View Post
Poo.
Where did you get pulled Claire? And by what?
Was on the A55 Mark... typical hot spot and we should`ve known better. It was a BMW (I think). Just didn`t see him tucked behind the cars and by the time we saw him it was too late. We`d come out of Badger territory and were heading for Queensferry.
Old 12-06-11, 06:26 PM   #8
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
Had decided to maybe meet up with Chris and Dave yesterday at the Ponderosa but we were a bit lazy and didn`t go out until after lunch when the weather turned glorious.
Yeah, thinking wish i'd done the same! Could have done without the soaking 1st thing in the morning nursing a hangover

Quote:
My day was perhaps not as incident free as Chris and Daves tho as on the way home I managed to get 3 points and a £60 fine
I am shocked and appalled

Quote:
We`d had a lovely afternoons riding in glorious sunshine... Did 200 miles and went to Beddgelert in the vain hope that we might bump into Chris and Dave which obv we didn`t but the ice cream made up for it
Ahhh shame, can't remember what time we were there but I remember the ice cream. nom nom

Bit of a bugger but like you say, could have been worse Claire! I got the sinking feeling yesterday too when a blue car appeared in the mirrors, followed me when turning off onto 1 of my favourite B-roads and had a very ominous looking blue twinkle to its headlights. Turned out luckily to be just some tw4t in a sporty saloon who fancied his chances against the SV......he soon found out otherwise
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 06:47 PM   #9
christopher

Not good Claire but at least it was only points/fine and nothing more if 95 was the lesser speed!

Banana chocolate chip ice cream I had, yummy! Also no idea what time we were there, it was probably mid afternoon as didn't leave the Ponderosa till about 11.45 (ish?) and then stopped at Rhug for a while getting food before setting off to Bala for fuel and on to Beddgelert with a brief slow down for the Octavia giving chase. Should have dropped us a text if you were about
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-11, 09:49 PM   #10
Seandesy1

Quote:

lol I love your excuse Daryl... what a shame I didn`t think of that!! He didn`t offer me the speed awareness course, I`d have probably loved to do it. Not sure what the eligible speed is?

Nice to hear you met a decent chap!

Certainly in Merseyside speed awareness courses can only be offered by the Central Ticket Office, and generally only offered to people caught by cameras. If I issue a ticket at the roadside it's usually always the points and fine or court are the only two options for dealing.