SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-06-06, 12:10 PM   #1
hall13uk

Default speeding

got stopped yesterday on the m20 109.41 mph

unmarked Volvo estate followed me for about 15-20 miles & as soon as i went over the limit on the m20 on the big down Hill stretch near brands hatch @ wrotham he nicked me
Old 22-06-06, 12:15 PM   #2
keithd

oops and ouch!

get yerself a good lawyer.

and careful in the showers.
Old 22-06-06, 12:17 PM   #3
Kilted Ginger

Did they clock you at that speed

Is that an automatic ban
Old 22-06-06, 12:18 PM   #4
lynw

ooops

no comfort me pointing out JakeRSs thread in Selkent where we were discussing where the police are on the M20 and I pointed out theyre quite often around Wrotham/Maidstone.

Thought I'd reiterate it for anyone else who uses the M20 and doesnt know about this.

Moral of the story is not to speed on the M20 between Ashford and M25. I can guarantee the police are on there somewhere either in marked or unmarked cars. And its why I rarely went over 90/95 on my commute.

Take it by nicked thats a verbal NIP issued and a court date due. Good luck with it anyway.
Old 22-06-06, 12:18 PM   #5
Jdubya

That is one moerse high speed you were doing there H! Did you not see the two uniforms in the car or the unusual amount of aerials on the car as you passed then
Old 22-06-06, 12:21 PM   #6
hall13uk

what annnoys the hell out of me is how long there were following me from the a2 - 5 miles down the m20 thats gotta be 15 - 20 miles & just as soon as the road was clear & i started to speed up they nicked me. there was no reason to follow me think they just wanted an easy nick
Old 22-06-06, 12:30 PM   #7
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall13uk
what annnoys the hell out of me is how long there were following me from the a2 - 5 miles down the m20 thats gotta be 15 - 20 miles & just as soon as the road was clear & i started to speed up they nicked me. there was no reason to follow me think they just wanted an easy nick
Its your record mate...Bike hoodlium that you are.

Not a good one mate at all. Best of luck.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-06, 12:31 PM   #8
lynw

Quote:
So 109 is you just having "started to speed up".

What speed were you doing before??

Were you above 70? Were you filtering at speed or weaving through traffic? There could be a host of reasons they decided to follow you. But if you were speeding already then you gave them an easy nick, more so by going over a ton.
But fair point if you werent speeding or doing anything dodgy.

Still, it could have been worse though - they could have let you continue to speed up and book you at a higher speed rather than stop you just as you were speeding up.
Old 22-06-06, 12:32 PM   #9
gavhogg

Sorry to hear about that hall13uk

So what happened when they stopped you, where you allowed to continue on your way. From what I've heard in the past, doing over 100mph was an automatic ban In other words "hand the keys over son"
Old 22-06-06, 12:32 PM   #10
keithd

Quote:
1. use mirrors.

2. yes they may well have and you obliged.

sorry if it sounds harsh, but 109 was probably your average speed? am i right in thinking that? even if it was your top speed you can't have ANY argeuments about getting nicked