SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 17-09-07, 11:35 AM   #11
StreetHawk

Default Re: Recommend me a repair shop...

Bad news dude... Get on to the insurers and hassle them until they get you booked in somewhere for repair. Your insurer may offer you a loan bike, it's not just the garage that fixes it that can supply the bike. They may get another company to drop one off. Best ask em!
Old 17-09-07, 12:25 PM   #12
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Just got off the phone with the insurance company (Express Insurance - the official Suzuki insurers) and they have been great. Within 30 minutes of calling them to make the claim their third party repair people were calling me to arrange for a bike to be dropped off to my work and for my bike to be collected (it will be with me tomorrow at 5pm!).

I have been really impressed with their response, so at this stage would highly recommend them. I should also note that one of the reasons that everything is moving so quickly is because I have witnesses to the accident - so make sure you get names and addresses if you have an off!!!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-07, 01:06 PM   #13
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Just got off the phone with the insurance company (Express Insurance - the official Suzuki insurers) and they have been great. Within 30 minutes of calling them to make the claim their third party repair people were calling me to arrange for a bike to be dropped off to my work and for my bike to be collected (it will be with me tomorrow at 5pm!).

I have been really impressed with their response, so at this stage would highly recommend them. I should also note that one of the reasons that everything is moving so quickly is because I have witnesses to the accident - so make sure you get names and addresses if you have an off!!!
I am fairly sure that you are on a full, unrestricted license, but if you are not, be sure to check what they are delivering tomorrow - or do you know that already.

Good news on the fast response tho - could even have yours back by the weekend at this rate

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-07, 01:37 PM   #14
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
I am fairly sure that you are on a full, unrestricted license, but if you are not, be sure to check what they are delivering tomorrow - or do you know that already.

Good news on the fast response tho - could even have yours back by the weekend at this rate
I do indeed have a full license so no probs there - incidently I was also impressed that the insurance company did all the DVLA checks on my license (ie do I have any points on the license and what type of licenses I have) by conferencing in the DVLA to our conversation so that I could give approval for my details to be given out whithout having to sign a dozen authorisation forms. Very effieicent.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-07, 02:16 PM   #15
Warthog

Efficiency? Insurance company?? NAH!