SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 13-09-06, 07:26 AM   #1
Beaniebike

Default Killer toothache...

Owwwwww. It hurts. THe dentist can't see anything wrong and he took x rays yesterday. Supposed to go back tomorrow. Gonna call again today. I'm totally doped up on paracetamol and Ibuprofen, and its still hurts like hell. Taken today off work. Don't think I will be going to IAM meet tonight
Old 13-09-06, 03:14 PM   #2
northwind
Mega Poster

Toothache's a killer, I swear my rotten tooth was sorer than my fractured hip...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-06, 03:17 PM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Have you got a cold. It may be pressure pressing on a nerve.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-06, 03:57 PM   #4
Beaniebike

Well, I went back to the dentist. Gret over the phone, and he managed to fit me in. Turns out I have an absess. So I've been given a course of antibiotics, and I get the tooth out next week. Was given the option of root treatment, but the dentist was really hinting quite strongly that I should just opt for the extraction. I've been there before with root treatment, and its not pretty...
Old 13-09-06, 04:03 PM   #5
stuartyboy

beaniebike...

When you fart does it sound like a"honda"?
Old 13-09-06, 08:22 PM   #6
stuartyboy

cos....

Abscess makes the fart go Honda

Taxi!
Old 13-09-06, 11:38 PM   #7
SVTONYB

for a moment i thought you had totally lost it but it was just me slow to pick up
Old 13-09-06, 11:41 PM   #8
SVTONYB

Beanie if the dentist did xrays and saw nothing wrong with the tooth why is he taking it out surely anti biotics will take care of the abscess and pain
Old 14-09-06, 06:13 AM   #9
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaniebike
Well, I went back to the dentist. Gret over the phone, and he managed to fit me in. Turns out I have an absess. So I've been given a course of antibiotics, and I get the tooth out next week. Was given the option of root treatment, but the dentist was really hinting quite strongly that I should just opt for the extraction. I've been there before with root treatment, and its not pretty...

I love have root jobs done.. not.

I have one tooth I am very wary of. The reamer they use to clean out the root jammed tight and snapped in there. The dentists retort was well that is going to be a better fit then any packing and just filled above it. So it looks funny on any x rays. Whenever I have a new dentist I have to just say that there is a broken reamer in it.

It is when you hear them fire up the blowlamp to get their probe thing nice and hot that I always get the churning of the stomach and add to the nail indents in the chair arm.

With one dentist I had I always went to the pub the night before a visit, just to make sure he would be steady in the morning Granted he never hurt me until the day I had an abcess on one of my upper front teeth and he had to remove the nerve as part of the treatment. He did warn me it was going to hurt and as I walked out with him to bypass the receptionists to get the follow up I needed I casually said "F*cking heck Andy that hurt". Strange how his waiting room suddenly went white.

Best dentist I ever had was a huge Aussie when I was 19. He stank of Guiness and stale sweat, but gentle as a lamb. He warned me on my first visit things were not going to be good. Book 5 appointments, you need 18 fillings. So 17 down and in the chair for the last one. Anestethic administered, eyes shut with the usual terror and yank. "Bloody hell, why did you not tell me you were going to do that", "Because you wouldn't have turned up". Too bloody true.

As you may sumise from the above. I have a mouth full of iron. My annual dental bill is always a couple of hundred and I have not got away without treatment for over 20 years. I had one veneer fitted that lasted less than an hour before snapping. I was once hit in the mouth with a beer bottle 2 days after finishing a course of treatment that knocked out 2 crowns,

The dentists bank managers must love me. Wish me luck, I have a checkup booked for 2 weeks time.
Old 14-09-06, 06:47 AM   #10
Anonymous

my daughter is having to have braces fitted and had to get a few teeth out to make room. she got 2 out a few weeks ago and another out on tuesday. she was really good and didnt complain. she was out of dentist chair within 5 min

ive not had to have any work done on my teeth for 14 years, which is typical now that i get it free.

good luck beanie. clove oil is fantastic for tooth ache but probably wont work on abcess