SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 29-08-07, 07:34 PM   #31
sarah

Default Re: Anyone up for a ride this Saturday?(01/09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
ASM 1-0 Sarah

The ape has spoken!

So, it's a competition now is it?
Old 29-08-07, 07:46 PM   #32
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
So, it's a competition now is it?
Like you didn't know

Anyhow stop your incessant derailing of this vital thread
Old 29-08-07, 07:49 PM   #33
Stig

Why is there no poll
Old 29-08-07, 07:54 PM   #34
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Why is there no poll
Because i seem to remember you saying its awkward to add one after the initial post....so i thought i wouldn't include one.

In reality my first post was so vague that i was just seeing if anyone was interested...i didn't even suggest timings/route.
Old 29-08-07, 07:57 PM   #35
Stig

Quote:
Because i seem to remember you saying its awkward to add one after the initial post....so i thought i wouldn't include one.

In reality my first post was so vague that i was just seeing if anyone was interested...i didn't even suggest timings/route.

Forward thinking
Old 29-08-07, 07:59 PM   #36
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
Forward thinking
You really dont know me do you!

The only reason we let Sarah lurk around here is to take care of such things.
Old 29-08-07, 08:02 PM   #37
sarah

Quote:
The reason we let Sarah lurk around here is because she is great.
Old 29-08-07, 08:56 PM   #38
fat_brstd

OK Guys, ive just tried out the route this very evening and it came in at 107.8km (107.8 kilometers = 66.9838145 miles) and took 1hr and 17mins with no stops starting a 7:40pm. I wasnt going flat out but was still using the extra power my tl has over an sv and also it was just me so i didnt have to worry about getting lost or anything. That means I think that we are looking at probably a 2 hour round trip depending if people want lunch in a pub (i do cause i love pubs)

Also on the ride today I noted 3 speed cameras which could have effect on us, the first 2 are between bister and aylsburry and both are very obvious (one immidiately after the right turn onto the a41 and the other in some town a few miles down the road) and the third is in hazelmere on the very last streatch of the run and is kinda hidden if you only have one eye and theres a cheerleading squad practicing in pub carpark oposite. I will try my best to point it out to everyone as we go past.

The only other thing is i reallised just how slow i am on hard b roads, so i suggest that someone with a bit more pace take us from chesham back to the missenden bypass at which point i will easily be able to catch up and lead the rest of the way as the bypass can be a very fast route. Also if anyone knows the thame to bicester road and fancies leading cause im only going to take it easy over that as yet again i screwed up that damn chicane and ive only ridden the road twice.

Other thing is what time do people want to start, im happy to take it easy on friday night and be up at say 9 (thats earlier than i get up for work ffs) but i think 10 is most likely a better time but its up to you guys, i dont care as long as we get to a ride basicly and it doesnt have to be the route ive mapped out, if anyones got a better route then feel free to put it up, even if we dont use it this weekend there are always going to be more chances to ride.

as for following ape back to his that sounds like a plan as long as i can work out how to get back to amersham for the evening.

Last edited by fat_brstd; 29-08-07 at 09:05 PM.
Old 30-08-07, 09:20 AM   #39
Warthog

I am currently thinking about joining you in High Wycombe at 9-10 whenever it is, and riding til Ambrosden, when I'll have to love you and leave you to get back to meet my friend who is coming to visit. That should get me back for 11:30 I reckon. I love that Thame to Bicester road as well, but my mate Stu was leading when I rode it. This all depends of course on whether I go out on Friday night! Currently I have no plans (read: no friends )
Old 30-08-07, 04:12 PM   #40
SDMF

Hmmmm i could be tempted to come along. Not too sure yet- will be tomorrow before I give a definitive answer to whether I can or not...