SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 11-09-07, 08:31 PM   #31
StreetHawk

Default Re: Rideout this Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Hmmmmm, out last night Midnight until 4 am, out this evening 9pm until about 10 minutes ago, Hey I got lights.

so what's the problem ?

Cheers Mark.
I need glasses for night driving and they are uncomfortable with the helmet on! Plus, the only times I've ridded in the dark is either with a black visor or pi$$ing down with rain.. Not a fan of riding in the dark.

I suggest we meet sat AM for a proper 2/3 hour jaunt..
Old 11-09-07, 08:48 PM   #32
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
I need glasses for night driving and they are uncomfortable with the helmet on! Plus, the only times I've ridded in the dark is either with a black visor or pi$$ing down with rain.. Not a fan of riding in the dark.

I suggest we meet sat AM for a proper 2/3 hour jaunt..
wear glasss all the time, not any problem , but if you guys aren't going , not a big problem, I'll be out and about anyway, all part of my "use a tank of juice a day" thing.

maybe catch you next time then.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 09:34 PM   #33
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Each to their own. I cant get back into the area until 7-7.15 as I work in London. Am more than happy to go for a jaunt then but if nobody is keen or you guys want to go earlier then thats fine.

So as not to derail this thread I have created a seperate thread for the Saturday ride click here.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 10:38 PM   #34
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
Each to their own. I cant get back into the area until 7-7.15 as I work in London. Am more than happy to go for a jaunt then but if nobody is keen or you guys want to go earlier then thats fine.

So as not to derail this thread I have created a seperate thread for the Saturday ride click here.
probably not Sat, stuff to do, places to go and all that, but if you're about Thursday as said I'll be out, coming from South London myself, could knock a route out in 10 minutes or so, or just take a map.

PM me and I'll pass over mobile and sort something out.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 10:52 AM   #35
Sosha

Probably out for this now......Don't think I'll be able to get out of work on time...

Old 12-09-07, 12:04 PM   #36
philbut

Would be up for it if the SV was legal, but no MOT till the weekend. . I don't really fancy getting laughed at on the GPZ either (although my top box is soooooooo cool obviously! ).

I don't mind night riding, although I do go slower - but it feels faster when you can't see so well. Used to have set of high intensity spots on my last bike. They lit up the road like a floodlight - ace (but illegal on dipped beam)
Old 12-09-07, 12:23 PM   #37
Demonz

... sorry I cant make it either - I'm on a driveout with the family.
Old 12-09-07, 07:43 PM   #38
Stig

Is there anyone out for a ride this Thursday or not
Old 12-09-07, 08:00 PM   #39
SDMF

Could do. Time? Route?
Old 13-09-07, 09:16 AM   #40
KnightRider
Mega Poster

I am out, my girlfriends dad's pc has died and I have been nominted to fix it....

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote