SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-10-06, 03:30 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Bike 'Bling'

Bling:- http://i20.ebayimg.com/05/i/08/72/0e/d1_1.JPG

Woz that all about!?!?!
Old 17-10-06, 03:34 PM   #2
thor

I have no idea why people bling their bandits. They must hate money.
Old 17-10-06, 03:36 PM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Why not?

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-06, 03:46 PM   #4
svrash

I like the windows.....but thats it
Old 17-10-06, 03:51 PM   #5
DanAbnormal

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I put bike bling right up there with souped up Nova's and Corsa's (sorry Daimo).

Not my cuppa tea at all. But then to each his own I say.
Old 17-10-06, 04:27 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Indeed his bike, his money, not saying he can’t do it, but its not my cuppa so asking why do people do this???

It can’t be ‘why not’ coz that would just be a waste of money … there must be a reason why he though bright blue and deep-sea-diver helmet windows were the way forward … I just cant see that the end result is a good one!!
Old 17-10-06, 05:23 PM   #7
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Indeed his bike, his money, not saying he can’t do it, but its not my cuppa so asking why do people do this???

It can’t be ‘why not’ coz that would just be a waste of money … there must be a reason why he though bright blue and deep-sea-diver helmet windows were the way forward … I just cant see that the end result is a good one!!
Why do you spend your money on multiple bikes & track days Nick ?

It's all about how you get your kicks.

Personally I think an anodised engine on anything other than a pure 'show bike' is a waste of time - but I like the window idea - trying to source them for my SV.

I like things that make my bike stand out a bit from the ordinary - but, I like to think that I have some taste & know when to stop - I wouldn't want a 2 wheeled equivalent of a Chav Nova !!
Old 17-10-06, 06:14 PM   #8
Blue_SV650S

I like to ride my bikes because it gives me a ‘rush’, if it doesn’t make it go faster, stop quicker or handle better I am not interested!! Within reason I don’t care what it looks like. But that’s me, I can see other people might be into bike vanity and that’s up to them. Bikes can look pretty, but I am only really into subtle changes, like tail tidies, wavy disks, sports exhausts etc. Essentially anything that makes it look more like a race bike.

Like I said, not saying he can’t do what he likes to his own bike … but I am not convinced by the end result here and I bet he spent a lot of time and money to get it that way!

I mean that blue and the casings … sure it stands out, but does anyone like it?!

I do kinda like the idea of see-through engine side covers mind, but not convinced by the divers helmet job done here! Just a direct clear replacement side cover I’d be interested in seeing, they are not load bearing, so I don’t see why that would be a major problem?!?! I wouldn't spend cash on them myself, but would like to see a photo of the result

I guess I have answered my own question Its the 'what if'? ... Sometimes it will work, others it will fail!!
Old 17-10-06, 06:27 PM   #9
ben650

to people like me and him by the looks of it,the thought of pulling up on a gsxrrrrrzzzzsss thing and parking buy another 10 the same would be crap.I like anything thats done to make a bike individual,beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that crap. I think i know the answer to"why"

Its because he or she wanted to,and as long as there happy with it they probably couldn't care less what anyone else thinks
Old 17-10-06, 07:08 PM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben650
to people like me and him by the looks of it,the thought of pulling up on a gsxrrrrrzzzzsss thing and parking buy another 10 the same would be crap.I like anything thats done to make a bike individual,beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that crap. I think i know the answer to"why"

Its because he or she wanted to,and as long as there happy with it they probably couldn't care less what anyone else thinks
But why would you be going places where there are 10 other bikes like yours? Why aren't you riding it?? Why are you going down the pub/bike meet bragging/showing off how great you/your bike is??? You only need to be an individual if you intend to hang with the crowd!!