SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-02-14, 08:12 PM   #21
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Done Anything and ( Almost ) Drop Your Motorcycle ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander94 View Post
The closest I've come to dropping a bike on the road (after many random little crashes on a YZ125 crosser, one of which was quite funny until I impaled myself on the handlebars) was at a petrol station, i put my foot down on a patch of diesel (the devil's fuel!!) and very nearly dropped my bike, I really wish people would be more careful about getting their fuel IN the tank... Accidents happen but if you spill fuel at least have the curtousy to put sand down :/
I honestly don't know how anyone dare waste a drop, must have more money than sense.
Old 16-02-14, 08:16 PM   #22
Noddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
I honestly don't know how anyone dare waste a drop, must have more money than sense.
LOL . Typical Yorkshireman Chris, you only ever breath in eh! Back when I first got my SV, I managed to lay it down. 'Ol Numpty here actually FORGOT to put the side stand down in the garage.
Old 16-02-14, 11:11 PM   #23
CharleyFarley

Default Done Anything and ( Almost ) Drop Your Motorcycle ?

Two mates & myself approached red lights on main road into a large town.....I pulled up centre of road, 1st mate to my left, 2nd mate to his left!! 2nd mate got his trouser leg court on foot peg........slowly fell to his right & into 1st mate.......who couldn't hold 2nd and self upright......& slowly fell onto me..........who couldn't hold 1st, 2nd & self upright........laughed so much (after embaresment passed) tears ran down my legs!!!! 😝

"Gas it w###a".........
Old 16-02-14, 11:19 PM   #24
Stuuk1

Done it just the once and have no idea how I held it...

Just bought my new FZ1S after having two SV650's (curvy and pointy), pulled out of a junction turning hard right, stalled it and the bike went so far over, I was determined not to scratch it and somehow managed to lift the bloody thing back up!
Old 17-02-14, 06:51 PM   #25
ChrisCurvyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyFarley View Post
Two mates & myself approached red lights on main road into a large town.....I pulled up centre of road, 1st mate to my left, 2nd mate to his left!! 2nd mate got his trouser leg court on foot peg........slowly fell to his right & into 1st mate.......who couldn't hold 2nd and self upright......& slowly fell onto me..........who couldn't hold 1st, 2nd & self upright........laughed so much (after embaresment passed) tears ran down my legs!!!! 😝

"Gas it w###a".........
Love this one. They should have had that scene in Wild Hogs.
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-14, 07:52 PM   #26
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I notice Hong hasn't posted in here yet. The first AR we travelled to together he dropped his SV so many times on the way to Wales that I was starting to wonder if he'd realised it had a stand at all!

Mr LPH used to own a 200cc classic Vespa. He asked me to take it for the MOT in town. First I was about to leave home and realised I'd forgotten the documents. Tried to put it on the stand and realised I couldn't so leaned it on the garage wall. Got to the MOT place and still couldn't get the stupid thing into the stand so sat outside the dealer with my finger on the horn, which sounds like a duck farting, until the mechanic came out looking confused and asked what the problem was. I said the problem was that I was riding a piece of s***. He said that was no way to talk about my bike, to which my reply was that it wasn't mine and I had a proper bike with a proper stand.

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 17-02-14 at 07:53 PM.
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-14, 08:06 PM   #27
CharleyFarley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCurvyS View Post
Love this one. They should have had that scene in Wild Hogs.

All naked bikes-Super(wet)Dream/DT250/CX500......
So only pride damaged........(wish I'd seen it from car drivers view!!! 😝

"Gas it w###a".........
Old 18-02-14, 12:46 AM   #28
Heorot

I dropped mine on the ride home after buying it. I say I dropped it, but it would be more accurate to say that I was thrown off it. I was doing about 20mph when I changed down without putting the clutch in fully. The back wheel locked and I was thrown through the air to land on my hip 10 feet from the bike. The bruising was spectacular.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-14, 01:40 AM   #29
rb8989

Stand has sunk into ground on the supermoto before and bike fell over. They're pretty much made for little drops here and there so no damage.

We have a small 1ft high wall next to the garage, I got the sv out once and started to tip over a bit, the wall stops you being able to stick a leg out to save it and is too short to stop the bike falling .

Really annoying wall, pointless.

Another time made it to work on the sv in the snow ( should have cycled), just pulling into the snow covered parking space and I remember there is a 1 inch curb under the snow.

Too late, the front follows the lip of the curb and i just hop off the bike onto my feet. I had those extra long bobbins so just cost me an indicator.

Shame they are useless when the bike falls on a low wall..
Old 18-02-14, 08:13 AM   #30
socommk23

Theres an old pilot adage that works for bikers dropping bikes too. Theres those that have, and those that will!!