SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-04-08, 01:43 PM   #1
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Green Lane ban?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3842878.ece

Discuss.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 01:51 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Green Lane ban?

W4nkstains.
Old 30-04-08, 02:05 PM   #3
Tomcat

Here in the Peak District many lanes have got these new signs put up saying we are not allowed to ride them ....... but since when that has been the case I don't know .... one minute it was ok and the next minute the farmer was stopping us warning us that the police are using Enduros to follow people and then confiscate (spelling) their bikes. Life has become one long game of ' You cant do that ' It is driving me insane grrrrrrr
Old 30-04-08, 02:14 PM   #4
Gazza77

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
W4nkstains.
To play devil's advocate for a minute, whilst a blanket ban is out of order, perhaps, just perhaps, having somewhere for people to walk or ride without having motor vehicles causing noise and polution would be a good idea?

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 02:14 PM   #5
gettin2dizzy

I think it’s a shame that people take it upon themselves to prevent anyone from enjoying their hobbies, based upon their own inadequacies and nerurosisies.

The small number of ‘green laners’ who use a fraction of the available land for their sport are out to appreciate the countryside as much as any rambler. No country should be governed to the extent where the local people aren’t free to pursue their interests on public rights of way. It’s a sick example of how miserable we’re becoming as a nation and one factor in how our capitalist nation is progressively destroying life itself.

These sofa-complainers who have nothing to fill their lives with other than floral velour and doyleys, can shove their yappy Yorkshire terriers up their dysfunctional @rseholes.
Old 30-04-08, 02:16 PM   #6
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazza77 View Post
To play devil's advocate for a minute, whilst a blanket ban is out of order, perhaps, just perhaps, having somewhere for people to walk or ride without having motor vehicles causing noise and polution would be a good idea?
This is a story hyped out of all proportion. 98% of highways aren't available to motor vehicles, they're not terrorising anywhere.If the police came to stop me, they'd have to catch me first.

How can they justify the ?75,000 expense for this case?!
Old 30-04-08, 02:17 PM   #7
Tomcat

Quote:
I think it?s a shame that people take it upon themselves to prevent anyone from enjoying their hobbies, based upon their own inadequacies and nerurosisies.

The small number of ?green laners? who use a fraction of the available land for their sport are out to appreciate the countryside as much as any rambler. No country should be governed to the extent where the local people aren?t free to pursue their interests on public rights of way. It?s a sick example of how miserable we?re becoming as a nation and one factor in how our capitalist nation is progressively destroying life itself.

These sofa-complainers who have nothing to fill their lives with other than floral velour and doyleys, can shove their yappy Yorkshire terriers up their dysfunctional @rseholes.
This is a superb post , I cant agree more.
Old 30-04-08, 02:21 PM   #8
Gazza77

Quote:
This is a story hyped out of all proportion. 98% of highways aren't available to motor vehicles, they're not terrorising anywhere.If the police came to stop me, they'd have to catch me first.

How can they justify the ?75,000 expense for this case?!
Where did I mention terrorising?

Maybe it is hyped out of all proportion, but possibly you're reading the protection of "many parts of the countryside" to be more than it is too. The article does not quantify exactly how much green laning this could actually affect.

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-08, 02:30 PM   #9
Tomcat

I was riding a legal green lane a few weeks ago. I wasnt riding fast, I was careful to stay on the route, I approached 2 female middle aged walkers, with their collie dog off the lead.

I slowed down, said good morning and one spoke to me, so I stopped. I realised she was busy telling me that I couldnt ride on here. She brought the worst out in me, I opened the throttle, and spun the back wheen past her and up the field, probably about 15 metres.

I am ashamed to say it DID damage part of the field and it DID cover her in mud ...... all something that wouldnt have happened had she just nodded good morning and allowed me to enjoy my Sunday. as I allowed her.
Old 30-04-08, 02:34 PM   #10
Tomcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath View Post
Well I'm sure you know then that that doesn't help our cause...
I certainly do, and I did say, and I genuinely mean, that I was ashamed of the damage done (well the field, not her brand new craghopper jacket )....... but these people take the pi$$ constantly with their ill informed opinions of where we are allowed to be