SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-04-13, 03:37 PM   #1551
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: The weight loss Thread

I'm under 100kg for the first time in more than ten years. All I've done is reduce portions, cut beer and started running. Was 110.3kg, now 99.6kg and a lot happier.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-13, 07:06 PM   #1552
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepete View Post
I'm under 100kg for the first time in more than ten years. All I've done is reduce portions, cut beer and started running. Was 110.3kg, now 99.6kg and a lot happier.

Pete
Bloody hell mate well done!
Is that the new cost saving measure?

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-13, 10:35 AM   #1553
Owenski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClunkintheUK View Post
Congrats to those who are on the way. Well done Knobby.

Owenski, You may well get Heavier even as you get slimmer. Yeah my first couple of weeks riding to work (about 10 miles flat, in around 35-40 mins) was hard and I was used to cycling a lot before that. I could knock out 100 miles with little forethought, but commuting is relentless. I gained half a stone (to 11st) and lost an inch round the waist.
Yeah although those figures suggest you were fairly lean before gaining the extra muscle. I know muscle weighs more than fat but I'm technically over weight so will certainly see a drop in the scales over the coming months.

Exaggeration but it explains my logic, if a 20stone hefter is taking up cycling although they'll be gaining muscle mass they'll be burning a lot of fat off. They're never going to see a weight increase altough the will eventually hit a plateau and no longer lose weight.
Old 14-04-13, 09:06 PM   #1554
Knobby

Thumbs up Re: The weight loss Thread

I have now got to a important stage in my weight loss program thingy.
Since 31.12.12 I have now lost 3 stone. Was 18.4 stone and now (obviously) 15.4 stone 14.4.13.
Next goal is to get to 15 stone. I dont want to set a target weight but just want to keep going.
I got out from my loft a leather frank thomas jacket that I havent been able to fit in since the late 90's.
Old 18-04-13, 07:19 PM   #1555
Knobby

Update,
Went into a shop today, just to try on some jeans and trousers. This was because the jeans I have are now to big.
So into a shop I went to try some smaller sizes.
I was a 44 inch waist and after trying on a few sizes and having to go smaller I am now a 38 inch waist
I havent been a 38 inch waist since.... the mis 90's I think
Will keep going with this diet and see what waist size I can get down to.
Old 18-04-13, 07:47 PM   #1556
chris8886
Mega Poster

that my friend is a mighty fine effort! i wish you luck with your continued efforts!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13, 08:31 AM   #1557
Owenski

Knobby thats excellent, good living to you pal!
Old 19-04-13, 12:21 PM   #1558
phil24_7
Mega Poster

I work on the basis that if the universe is expanding every day, then so should I!!!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-13, 02:27 PM   #1559
KobayashiMaru

Time to diet again but doesn't help I'm a fussy eater and don't like healthy foods. I don't eat salad stuff at all. Only veg I get is with Sunday Dinner. Last year I bought myself a road bike to get fit on. Lack of time and bad weather didn't help but went from nearly 17st down to 15st by the end of October and did my local 30 mile bike ride in 1hr 45mins. For me that was an achievement given my 10 mile cycle to work used to take 50 mins and I got that down to 28mins which is actually quicker than the 7 miles I'd have to do in the car!

Then I was ill over Christmas with Norovirus then with weather being crap the pounds have crept back on. Back to 16st and a bit now so I need to be more disciplined but it's really hard. Living at home, telling my parents not to cook food as there's no such thing as a small meal in our house and not much is healthy so it's hard. The weather is even worse this year and with being busy with work and other things I've only done 10 miles on the bike all year so far. That should hopefully change soon.
Old 19-04-13, 03:01 PM   #1560
dirtyred619

Putting on my biking gear for the first time this year a few weeks back has given me a kick up the ar@e for getting back into shape as it was a bit of a struggle to say the least.

About 3 or 4 years ago I got myself down to just under 14 stone, was muscular without looking like a 'roid head and a BMI of about 21-22%. If anything I ended up going over the top really as I was going to the gym 5 times a week, going to Muay Thai 2-3 times a week where I used to cycle to the class and back and sometimes even get in a quick 5k run before the class too!!

But a combination of moving gyms too much and eventually stopping going, the Muay Thai class stopping, my asthma and bone idleness I've put some of the pounds back on and have had enough.

I've rejoined a decent gym and been a few times taking it easy to get back into it, although the tempation is there to get on the heavy free weights like I used to but plenty of cardio is what I need at the moment so I've resisted that just doing a few machines on top of cardio. The Muay Thai class started back up again aswell so I'm going to go there maybe once a week too.

So on top of keeping a better check on what I eat (portion sizes are my downfall rather than a lot of ****e) I'm hoping to drop the weight at a steady pace but I'm probably looking at 2 stone overall.

Hopefully by writing this I'm admitting I'm a fat B**TAR* and will motivate me further to drop the weight!!!