SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-03-08, 11:17 PM   #1
jans1971

Default i want a summer jacket that will look cool and will be cool any ideas

i want a summer jacket that will look cool and will be cool and safe any ideas
only want to spend up to ?120 really
Old 04-03-08, 11:18 PM   #2
leemole

Default Re: i want a summer jacket that will look cool and will be cool any ideas

air mesh jobies ??
Old 05-03-08, 12:11 AM   #3
ASM-Forever

Default Re: i want a summer jacket that will look cool and will be cool any ideas

For maybe a little bit more, Alpinestars make really nice streetfighter and retro jackets.

Have a look online for an idea.
Old 05-03-08, 06:36 AM   #4
K

If you go for perforated leater, then either make wure it's made from Kangaroo or that there perforations are few and far between...

... otherwise go for something that is vented where they can be zipped shut to keep you warm once the sun goes behind the ever present clouds!
Old 05-03-08, 07:51 AM   #5
ukgooner

I got this one last year, not sure if it looks that cool, but it lets the air flow nicely when it is hot.

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/shop/p...oducts_id/3156
ukgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 09:32 AM   #6
Ceri JC

If I am only riding across town (no faster than 40 limits anywhere), I will usually chance it in jeans and either an MX-style mesh (with armour), which really is as cool as a tshirt, but offers b-all abbraison protection or if I'm going a little bit further afield, or it's not really hot, a denim jacket. Talking of which, does anyone know of any double layered denim jackets (ideally in black) with fairly subtle armour in them? Sort of the jacket equivalent of draggin' jeans?
Old 05-03-08, 01:07 PM   #7
Svkid

i chanced it with jeans once and sufferd. i like the skin on my legs thank!! not only that but ripped open all the incisions from my acl reconstruction!!

i learned the hard way but was still lucky then
Old 05-03-08, 02:01 PM   #8
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

I went with this.

http://www.chaoscrypt.com/icon/timax2mesh.jpg

Damn - should have gotten Vixis to get me a new one in black to match the new bike...........

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-08, 02:10 PM   #9
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
If I am only riding across town (no faster than 40 limits anywhere), I will usually chance it in jeans and either an MX-style mesh (with armour), which really is as cool as a tshirt, but offers b-all abbraison protection or if I'm going a little bit further afield, or it's not really hot, a denim jacket. Talking of which, does anyone know of any double layered denim jackets (ideally in black) with fairly subtle armour in them? Sort of the jacket equivalent of draggin' jeans?
like draggin jackets?
Old 05-03-08, 02:24 PM   #10
Steve_God
Mega Poster

I just remove the inner lining of my winter jacket, and open up the zippable air vents on the arms and in the back.

Does the job very nicely!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote