SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Old 10-06-08, 07:18 PM   #1
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Ego Minding Service

Right. Not directed at anybody at all, just a general comment.

This is the place or thread to leave your riding ego, your tales of daring do, or wave your willy about how fast you ride and how you stuffed it to Valentino Rossi the other week on your favourite set of twisties.

I dont wanna here anymore about, how I'm going to "Whizz through the pack" or "I'm going to get bored" or "the pace is to slow"

blah blah blah blah

THE AR IS NOT THE PLACE FOR RACING OR RIDING LIKE A TW*T

If you wanna do this I humbly suggest that you just dont take part in the rideout and go and do a track day or if you are really that good you oughta be on the next moto GP grid.

I live in the local area, I want to be able to go out on my own after the AR and not have to worry about being hunted down by the coppers who are on the look out for hooligan riders after every local village in the vicinity has been buzzed by us lot. We're a big group, alot of us have race cans and small plates, we dont need to draw extra attention to ourselves by ragging the cack out of our bikes just to show off.

Its beautiful part of the world, relax and enjoy the countryside and the company.

That is all.

Ego's not collected will be subject to a £1 per day storage fee, any ego's not collected after 30 days will be disposed off.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 07:31 PM   #2
K

Default Re: Ego Minding Service

Class post that man.

Can we raffle off any Egos that are uncollected? Or can we each bid to have Blue's as our slave for the week or something.
The proceeds can go to charity.
Old 10-06-08, 07:48 PM   #3
caz650s

Well said Fizz ...

You always say it as it is ..

and the majority of the orgers will agree with you

See you there ..
Caz.
Old 10-06-08, 07:54 PM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

I believe I already said that Fizz

But thanks for repeating me anyway

LOL

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-08, 07:58 PM   #5
Frank

well said that man
Old 10-06-08, 08:20 PM   #6
neio79

ill leave my ego at the enterance to the campsite as we leave then shall i, Blatantly aimed at my post the other day.
Old 10-06-08, 08:21 PM   #7
blueto

Whats an ego?
Old 10-06-08, 08:23 PM   #8
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueto View Post
Whats an ego?
apparantly it is when you mention you like to rid a bit fast now and then, and mention it to others that you would like to have a bit of fun with the fast boys and girls on the AR!! , all be it you ride safely and are not the fastest there by a long shot!!
Old 10-06-08, 08:36 PM   #9
caz650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by neio79 View Post
apparantly it is when you mention you like to rid a bit fast now and then, and mention it to others that you would like to have a bit of fun with the fast boys and girls on the AR!! , all be it you ride safely and are not the fastest there by a long shot!!
I don't think its aimed at you Neio ...

I think it's just that everyone wants the event to run smoothly and without any mishaps ...

I have been riding bikes for 32 years now and I got 'buzzed' a few times on AR06 and it made me jump a bit ...to a novice rider it could give them a right ol fright !!

Please don't take it personaly .. See you at the Plymouth megaride on Sunday
Old 10-06-08, 08:40 PM   #10
neio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by caz650s View Post
I don't think its aimed at you Neio ...

I think it's just that everyone wants the event to run smoothly and without any mishaps ...

I have been riding bikes for 32 years now and I got 'buzzed' a few times on AR06 and it made me jump a bit ...to a novice rider it could give them a right ol fright !!

Please don't take it personaly .. See you at the Plymouth megaride on Sunday

I dont take it personally, as yes i like to ride fast at times, but i also do it with concideration to others and safely. I would never worry or buzz less confident riders.

Fizz is right its meant to be fun for all, and i want to see it pass off with no hicups and smoothly for all involved. so i am not going to argue about it .