SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-10-08, 10:25 AM   #1
Grinch

Default 2 blown brakes light bulb's and a parking light.

Now I suspect that somewhere I have a iffy bit of loom, or a 'dirty earth' as I know its not the headlight earth as I put in a new one last week. But I still get a bit of flashing from the lights when I turn the indicators on, not as bad as it was before I did the earth for the lights but still there.

So my next plan of action is to look at the brake light earth. Though I want to be sure that there is nothing else that keeps blowing my brake light bulb and parking light. I don't think it would be the Reg/Rec as I swapped that after the last one cooked my battery, but I'll have a study again of the wiring diagram to what else there might be.

So any other ideas would be great... ta.

Oh well, this is what I get for 66000 miles 9 year old bike and lots of winters (plus very little cleaning and care). lol.
Old 20-10-08, 10:31 AM   #2
ricky

Default Re: 2 blown brakes light bulb's and a parking light.

when you work it out mate let us know as mine is the same and have never got to look at whey yet lol

my lights flicker when i pull the break and also when i use the indys lol

but i have not blown any bulbs yet
Old 20-10-08, 10:32 AM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Bah, cleaning won't sort a wiring issue.

Try the earth which runs from tail end to the rest of the bike, or the point where the earth from lights joins the earth from CDI
Old 20-10-08, 11:06 AM   #4
Grinch

Cheers Chris... The back end was where I was going... Need to get some wire tomorrow. So might replace the earth on the rear for the brake lights. Just need to find a good point on the frame to earth it too.

Really I need to swap all the loom as I imagine its just had to much water and salt in it now, but that's a big job and the loom should be with me soon. So its just trying to keep my bulbs from blowing.

Last edited by Grinch; 20-10-08 at 11:09 AM.
Old 20-10-08, 11:08 AM   #5
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Run a net of earths from the battery to the coil mountings to various points on the loom as needed. Somewhere on motor won't hurt either. Might as well go overkill