SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-08-04, 07:07 PM   #21
sexysi

Well done Tim, excellent mod, shame I havn't got a K3/K4, Now all you need is a Web site with a MODS section on it.
sexysi
Old 16-08-04, 02:20 PM   #22
Alaniski

Hey . . could we have some opinions from those who did this mod?
did it work, is it worth it, would you do it again?

Before i go butcher my poor cheese bolts!
Old 16-08-04, 03:38 PM   #23
Moo

Good work
Old 13-12-04, 11:11 PM   #24
chewy22

Hi coombest sent you 3 PMs and I cant believe you haven’t received all of them regarding were you get the figure 1450 rpm from. Had a look in the service books but no mention of this figure.
Old 13-12-04, 11:38 PM   #25
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy22
Hi coombest sent you 3 PMs and I cant believe you haven’t received all of them regarding were you get the figure 1450 rpm from. Had a look in the service books but no mention of this figure.
Hi there chewy22,
I have received 2 of your PMs. I don't remember where I got thae 1450rpm figure from now but I do seem to remember it was one also given a lot by varying different websites, etc.

You'll have to forgive my vagueness but July 4th was a bloody long time ago (and that was a good month after I did the actual mods!)...

Add that to the fact that you may have failed to notice that I have had a few, somewhat more 'pressing' things on my mind of late! (See below)

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=15275

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=15507

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=15814

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=15781
Old 13-12-04, 11:46 PM   #26
chewy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaniski
Hey . . could we have some opinions from those who did this mod?
did it work, is it worth it, would you do it again?

Before i go butcher my poor cheese bolts!

Ok coombest forgiven I think, But in answer to Alaniski question i would say do it as mine was WAY OUT 3 to 4K before it booted in far better to ride now in the lower RPM.
Old 14-12-04, 10:32 AM   #27
Johnsilver

Did my SK3 recently. It was prev at about 3.5k, much smoother now in low-speed traffic conditions. torx security bit set from machinemart - no problem with bolt head condition.
Old 09-11-05, 01:43 PM   #28
thor

Is there any downside to doing this? Apart from fluffing it up of course...

I've been looking at a remap to trying to smooth things out a bit, but this might be a good idea too. Why does the bike come badly adjusted in the first place?
Old 09-11-05, 02:34 PM   #29
coombest

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Is there any downside to doing this? Apart from fluffing it up of course...

I've been looking at a remap to trying to smooth things out a bit, but this might be a good idea too. Why does the bike come badly adjusted in the first place?
As you say, other than fluffing it up - or the bolts falling apart like they're made from a nice piece of wensleydale - there's not really a downside as far as I can see.

A remap will certainly be worthwhile but I would still do this first, as this will not be altered by the remap but it could alter the results of the remap, I suppose!

The bike may not be badly adjusted - some seem to be better than others and the only logical reason for this would be that with the volume of production and the tolerances in these items, there's no way they could set each and every one just right! (It does take some time to get it just right!)
Old 09-11-05, 02:48 PM   #30
will

i'm thinking of doing this mod too.

Anyone in the south west-ish london, surrey area want to meet up and do two bikes together. The deal is we do your bike first and then once perfected, do mine

Thor, are you interested?