SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-10-11, 08:30 AM   #21
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: So what is it about Audi's

Ah the Quattro, now that is a proper car. I'd love one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
but the type of driver they attract reminds me of XR3, Golf & Saxo drivers, just a bit more posh (note this doesn't include you Fizz ).
If I told you I used to own a Golf GTI would you be surprised

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:53 AM   #22
srobrien

When it's time to get rid of the M3 I will be looking at an Audi, preferably an A4 Avant 3.0 TDi Quattro, big comfy, lots of toys, decent milage, superb build quality and great in all weather.

I used to be of the mindset that the car maketh the w@nker but it's definitely the other way round.
Old 06-10-11, 09:48 AM   #23
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Ah the Quattro, now that is a proper car. I'd love one of those.

If I told you I used to own a Golf GTI would you be surprised
Oh dear Fizz that's you in the same box now

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobrien View Post
I used to be of the mindset that the car maketh the w@nker but it's definitely the other way round.
Yes, you're right there. I'm now including ****s driving hard top BMW Z4's in the same catagory as Audi A3 drivers
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 09:49 AM   #24
robh539

I love my Audi a4 1.9 tdi even if its getting on a bit, 180000 on the clock and still great to drive. Will deffo have a another Audi that's for sure...... Rs4 mmmmmmm lol
Old 06-10-11, 02:55 PM   #25
DJFridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamSV View Post
Just like BMW's in the 80's and 90's, not every Audi driver is a ****, but all the ****s seem to be driving Audis.
I would have to agree with that - there's nothing wrong with Audis themselves. We nearly bought an A6 estate a few years back (ended up with a Volvo for the extra bootspace in the end) and it was nice, if a bit "look at my buttons" inside. They used to be driven by people who wanted the quality of a BMW but didn't want to be seen driving one. People who were happy to be a bit different (ironically, just like Saab drivers). Unfortunately, in true Life Of Brian fashion, you end up with a "we're all individuals" situation and suddenly they're everywhere.
Old 06-10-11, 03:00 PM   #26
Specialone

Why were talking of audis, my mate has v6 diesel quattro A4 saloon for sale which has a knackered top end.

He spent £1500 having top end rebuild done with new valves then 3 months later the cam pulley disintegrated so he's cutting his losses and selling.

It's got full leather as well, think he's only after about £600, he was going to break it as he'd make treble that amount but he ain't got the time or heart to do it.

Any interest to anyone?
Old 06-10-11, 08:44 PM   #27
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
Did I mention they like to hoard water?

Until you unblock the plughole, watch out Audi owners....the waters coming for you!
Only if you own an old one the newer ones have the battery in the boot.

Cracking car and i can't think of anything i would swap it for.
Old 06-10-11, 09:34 PM   #28

i am on my first BMW, and I have discovered exactly why BMW are still / used to be in the ****** chair...

my car looks evil, I can be 50 yards of the back of a car but they stop and let me past because they think i will try and drive through them, secondly the indicator thing, bmw indicators dont work... they sort of do, but thats why they turn off half way around the roundabout.

The reason for choosing BMW was the company car tax, whilst the price is high the co2's are much lower than the audi A4 so its much cheaper in tax.

To be honest, I dont give a rats **** what people think, I love the BMW and if I get the oppertunity to change it at three years (ina years time) I will push for a newer three series as they are a fantastic drivers car, much like the audi's and at the end of the day.. I am the one that has to drive it.

nice car Fizz
Old 06-10-11, 11:22 PM   #29
-Ralph-

Just lots of reps driving Audi's nowadays, they have become fashionable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
I think this is a little bit of chicken or egg.....
Audi and BMW both make great cars that perform well, are comfortable to drive, and reliable
Posted a link to this in the other thread. http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/reli...ey-2011/258307.

What car don't seem to think the German exec's are reliable, and to my mind at least that means poor build quality. Are the Germans just pulling the wool over everyones eyes by making solid expensive interiors, nice panel fit and doors that go thunk, then sticking a badge with prestige on the front? Nice cars yes, good cars? Not according to this.

I certainly know a lot of unhappy BMW owners in my office, and I've been one myself in the past. Nobody will ever convince me that a BMW is a good car.

I did a lot of research into reliability lately as I wanted a car to keep 5 years and over 100,000 miles and I looked at the 5 series, A6 and Passat, and I decided upon a Toyota. There isn't a single Japanese manufacturer outside the top 10.

Last edited by -Ralph-; 06-10-11 at 11:26 PM.
Old 07-10-11, 12:22 AM   #30
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Not quite sure what all those figures mean, I do know that in 4 years and 90,000 miles I have so far spent less than £100 on fixing my 330 BMW (low pressure fuel pump packed in). I've obviously done the consumables such as oil and filters, plus a set of brakes, but they're a doddle to work on and it's never been near a dealer. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote