SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 11-01-06, 11:59 AM   #151
tee jey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill
How about the first weekend in June?
Always busy this weekend - last week of the half term - holidays etc. Can we have another weekend ?

Old 12-01-06, 11:54 AM   #152
Mogs

I prefer Sythree’s proposal (Welsh Marches), not for any nationalistic reasons but because I’ve seen some of his photos taken in the area.

I would like to propose that any route selected should be well within one fuel tanks range for the SV (say 130 miles), Travelling slow will mean lots of low gear, high consumption riding. If we all need to refill at the same time at a filling station with few pumps it will take an age, a few will risk doing 160 miles on one tank and some people will be unfortunate.

In addition I suggest that any circular route should be tackled in an anti-clockwise direction, this should offer fewer right-turn T-junctions and the problems they cause.

Old 12-01-06, 12:40 PM   #153
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs
I prefer Sythree’s proposal (Welsh Marches), not for any nationalistic reasons but because I’ve seen some of his photos taken in the area.

I would like to propose that any route selected should be well within one fuel tanks range for the SV (say 130 miles), Travelling slow will mean lots of low gear, high consumption riding. If we all need to refill at the same time at a filling station with few pumps it will take an age, a few will risk doing 160 miles on one tank and some people will be unfortunate.

In addition I suggest that any circular route should be tackled in an anti-clockwise direction, this should offer fewer right-turn T-junctions and the problems they cause.
Both very good points.

Old 12-01-06, 03:13 PM   #154
amarko5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs

well i can assure you mate if it's in wales its more than 130 miles for the majority of people.

I can see your not saying wales for any Nationalistic reasons :P it's more the fact its on your doorstep

Old 12-01-06, 04:19 PM   #155
Mogs

It's further than last year

Old 12-01-06, 08:10 PM   #156
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Sounds good to me, good roads, good place to meet, ie Dobbies garden centre on the A5, petrol station, little chef and big car park, what more could we ask !
You forgot it also has a travel lodge. Might be useful.
Old 12-01-06, 08:42 PM   #157
creamerybutter

I like the Sythree's idea nice and east to get to and and some nice roads over that way that I have always meant to check out on the bike (been over in a cage)

Old 12-01-06, 08:51 PM   #158
Peter Henry

Admin wrote:

Quote:
You forgot it also has a travel lodge. Might be useful.
And lots of very beguiling sheep,you just ask Valleyboy!

Old 12-01-06, 09:24 PM   #159
Anonymous

Errm...I wonder if "Annual Ride-out 06" is really an accurate description: its more like "Another Riding Session for Outer London and Essex Softies...06".

'Course, the acronym is not so snappy.....

Old 12-01-06, 09:27 PM   #160
jonboy

A rather clumsy try EB, if you don't mind me saying so, the wooden spoon has already been waved with aplomb by Amarko earlier .