SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 14-07-09, 09:35 PM   #1
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default Cadwell Park September 22nd

Seeing as there is talk of an annual track day for 2010 onwards. Thought i'd give it a mini attempt here.

Track day is organised by No Limits and costs £85. It's on the Tuesday 22nd September.

After talking to a few folks from here there seems to be a little bit of interest (DMC, Yogi Bear, Cog Head, G, Carty...) so thought i'd try and get us a little baby discount similar to Phil 24/7 managed earlier this year.

UPDATE: No Limits have agreed to allocate us a few slots. ATM its just three slots in Novice and three in Inters, though we can get more if by chance we have a bit of interest in this. Just phone up and mention the SV650.org and even if the three places in Inters and Novice have been taken we will easilly get more as they are not going to turn away business. Unless of course, the event is already full.

There is a discount of 10% and if you phone up to book just mention the SV650.org website and your username.

We will have to release the places back to No Limits at least ten days before the event itself, if they are not filled.

UPDATE2: I have just phoned Cadwell Park to enquire about camping the night before or after. They say it is quite alright and sometimes a few people often do it. Fee is £5 sterling per head and no pitch fee for the tent. There are also showers and water available at the circuit too...

Sounds like i shall be going up on the Monday and getting a nice pitch.

Anyway, here's the list for now. Put your name in black if you are interested and in red if you have booked and paid up.

Novice

Inters
1. Binky
2. DMC (paying soon)

Fast

Last edited by Binky; 16-07-09 at 07:08 PM.
Binky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-09, 08:26 AM   #2
carty

Default Re: Cadwell Park September 22nd

To be honest I'm going to leave it til after end of August to make a decision on this one. If I get back from France unscathed I've got a fighting chance of being 'allowed' to do this.

Did you have to pick one that was almost a year to the day since my trackday crash?!
Old 15-07-09, 09:58 AM   #3
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Ok, update here. No Limits have agreed to allocate us a few slots. ATM its just three slots in Novice and three in Inters, though we can get more if by chance we have a bit of interest in this...

There is a discount of 10% and if you phone up to book just mention the SV650.org website and your username.

We will have to release the places back to No Limits at least ten days before the event itself, if they are not filled.
Old 15-07-09, 10:01 AM   #4
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
If I get back from France unscathed I've got a fighting chance of being 'allowed' to do this.

Did you have to pick one that was almost a year to the day since my trackday crash?!
Start working on it now. Evening dinners out, the theatre, ballet etc
She'll be under your thumb in no time.

Picked it as it's a bit of an epic little track really. As well as there being enthusiasm from others for it.
Old 15-07-09, 10:31 AM   #5
carty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky View Post
Start working on it now. Evening dinners out, the theatre, ballet etc
She'll be under your thumb in no time.
You sir, are an optimist and I like it

Quote:
Picked it as it's a bit of an epic little track really. As well as there being enthusiasm from others for it.
I agree, definitely one of those 'must-do tracks', more so than Rockingham. This is part of my plan of attack. That and the good old, 'I'll take it easy, I promise' line.
Old 15-07-09, 11:01 AM   #6
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
I agree, definitely one of those 'must-do tracks', more so than Rockingham. This is part of my plan of attack. That and the good old, 'I'll take it easy, I promise' line.
Would you you like me to take her out for dinner then???

Try an ultimatum. "It's either Cadwell or i'm leaving..." It'd be worth it... Loosing a wife for a track day.
Old 15-07-09, 12:15 PM   #7
DMC

Quote:
Would you you like me to take her out for dinner then???
There was me thinking you wanted Matt to go?

Novice

Inters
1. Binky
2. DMC

Fast
Old 15-07-09, 12:16 PM   #8
YOGI BEAR

Well done for sorting this Binky will have to make a decision then, not sure Cadwell is ideal for a first track day though, bit of a baptism of fire.

Leave it with me, I can always spend the winter repairing my bike with the bits that fall off yours.....
Old 15-07-09, 12:54 PM   #9
Rai86

Novice
1.Rai - Was going to do the focus event at cadwell in aug...but discounts sound good

Inters
1. Binky
2. DMC

Fast

What would be the situation of my non-orger riding mate joining us on this org event? (will discount apply to him?)

Old 15-07-09, 01:21 PM   #10
Tim in Belgium

Cadwell is a great track, enjoy people!