SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-11, 07:09 AM   #1
Slawuch

Default Front turn signal light (L) problem

Hello there!

I have a problem, and I just cant solve it
The patient is SUZUKI SV 650 K2, 2002.
When the engine is turned off, everything seems fine.
If the engine is turned on, and I switch turn signal light switch to left, following things happens:
* front left turn signal light doesn’t work, while the rear is flashing 2x faster
* speedometer and rev-counter backlights are flashing together with turn signal indicator lamp
If I disconnect the left front turn light cable from the connector in the lamp housing, speedometer and rev-counter backlights goes off, and high beam indicator light is working inversely, that is it goes on when low lights are on and it goes off when high lights are on

I replaced the front left turn light assembly with a new one, and it worked only once, now it's all over again.
Sometimes during riding everything seems fine, but only for a while.
I just can't find the short circuit, sitting over wiring diagram and checking cables…

Please, please help me
Old 20-08-11, 04:52 PM   #2
Slawuch

Default Re: Front turn signal light (L) problem

I found the broken wire (black/white, grounding) near the frame head.
Now it's easy to understand the symptoms, wiring diagram is so clear