SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-06-09, 12:08 PM   #1
andreis

Default Changing handle bar height / seat height?

Hi.
I've got a problem with my SV. I get some serious pains in my hands & joints.
I'm 1.80m (5'9" I guess). Obviously, it's because I haven't been riding for too long (1 month) and because of the position.

The only way to change the position is if I lower the seat or raise the handlebars. Problem is, it's a '00 sv650s, so I can't change any of these (or I can & don't know how)...

So I was wondering how hard is it to raise the handlebars (which I think would be easier & cheaper then lowering the seat).

If I were to change the handlebar height I can have the pieces made (I know some people that can build the metal pieces required) and it would most likely come to about 40-50 pounds.

So, what do you think I should do?
Old 12-06-09, 07:42 PM   #2
svdemon

Default Re: Changing handle bar height / seat height?

Give it some more time, i'm the same height as you and i had the same problem when i first got my bike. Now its as comfy as anything!
Old 16-06-09, 07:51 AM   #3
DaveW

Default Re: Changing handle bar height / seat height?

As svdemon says, give it some more time.

After 3 or 4 days riding my new SVS I was in agony. Pains in my wrists, elbows, shoulders and neck; I really thought I had bought the wrong bike. But after a couple more weeks things have settled down and it's now much more comfortable than my old naked curvy which gave me agony in my legs on longer journeys.

Make a conscious effort to take the weight off your wrists when braking a town riding. You could also try doing some wrist strengthening exercises.