SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 15-10-04, 01:05 PM   #1
cosmiccharlie

Default Fitting a tail tidy

Hi

Im looking at sorting out my bikes rear end, and am just wondering does changing/enhancing the cosmetics of the bike affect the warranty,

Just trying to avoid voiding the warranty

Thanks for any help
Old 14-11-04, 10:52 PM   #2
Mr Toad

Not sure about the warranty, but I wouldn't have though so
I've got a Hammicad on mine - neatens up the rear greatly - makes it look much more 'pointy', and shows off the LED rear lights to great effect.
However you do get more spray and debris from the road, but that's a small price to pay
Old 03-12-04, 03:06 PM   #3
cosmiccharlie

cool was thinking about a tail tidy and a hugger, should be nice,

i phoned Suzuki regarding the warranty and they said as long a no damage was done they would still honour the warranty
Old 03-12-04, 05:09 PM   #4
Mr Toad

make sure you get the right hugger - there are subtle differences between K3 & K4 models - the huggers aren't the same
mine is busy chamfering off the corner of the toolbox, while the toolbox is busy making a hole in the hugger
Old 03-12-04, 06:51 PM   #5
cosmiccharlie

My local dealer can order genuine k3 huggers for £99, should be a no hassle replacement, just waiting til after xmas before i put an order in

Quote:
mine is busy chamfering off the corner of the toolbox, while the toolbox is busy making a hole in the hugger
What you mean ? what model is yours, mines a k3 model,
Old 10-12-04, 06:45 PM   #6
Muttley

Going by Mr Toads sig he has a K4

The main diffence at the back is that the rear subframe is lower and the toolkit lives in a box just up from the rear shock under the seat. This is what is causing the rubbing (at a guess).

You would be amazed at how many differences you spot when you put a K3 and K4 next to each other.

If yer a short **** the K4 feels much shorter.
Old 04-03-05, 01:01 PM   #7
SVeeedy Gonzales

Default K3/K4 huggers

I have a K4 and was worried when the Ermax hugger turned up in a bag marked K3. The fit is spot on though, so I guess either the label was wrong or the difference wasn't big enough to be a problem?

I was going to get a skidmark hugger but the guy said that there'd been problems with huggers not fitting the same model - that some k4 models had slightly different requirements and the same hugger wouldn't fit them... said to call back in a few weeks to see if they'd sorted it, but me being me, couldn't wait more than 60 mins before I went and ordered the Ermax one... good colour match on the yellow
Old 10-03-05, 09:51 PM   #8
quikstu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
I've got a Hammicad on mine - neatens up the rear greatly - makes it look much more 'pointy', and shows off the LED rear lights to great effect.

Got any piccies Toad?

Old 10-03-05, 10:58 PM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
However you do get more spray and debris from the road, but that's a small price to pay
No it isn't, particularly if you regularly carry a passenger, my Hamicad has gone back in the box while the really sh1te weather lasts, it'll return to the bike when the weather gets better.

The Mk 1 Hamicad was a bit better in this respect, as the plate was carried a bit further back, reducing road spray on the back of Mrs Squids jacket, but the potential weakness offsets the desire to refit that.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-05, 12:59 AM   #10
quikstu

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikstu
Quote:

Got any piccies Toad?

No need, fitted one tonite.
Improves the look of the whole bike.
Well chuffed!