SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-05-05, 06:57 PM   #1
riktherider

Default PARKING TICKETS!!!!

Dont know if this has happened to any of your, but i got a parking ticket on the bike today!!! twas parked on an area where push bikes are parked as well, other bikes have been parked there as well, but not today.
can we get away with it as we are bikes, did i just get a really stingy traffic warden, and is there any way of getting out of it??
There was no NO PARKING signs anywhere i could see, just some loading signs, but it aint as if the bike takes up much room!!!
some advice would be very helpfull!!!!
Old 16-05-05, 07:08 PM   #2
fraser01

Dispute it!

I think thats taking the mickey somehow..... i wouldnt take that.....
Old 16-05-05, 07:18 PM   #3
jonboy

Here's something you could try: Write to them and say that your tax disc wasn't on the bike, you had put it into your pocket to stop it from being stolen, never realizing that it was needed in order for them to issue a ticket.

Now that a policeman friend has pointed this out to you (and the fact that you can't retrospectively be prosecuted for failing to display it) you would like them to cancel the issing of the ticket as it was obviously done unlawfully and is therefore null and void.

Old 16-05-05, 07:22 PM   #4
jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Here's something you could try: Write to them and say that your tax disc wasn't on the bike, you had put it into your pocket to stop it from being stolen, never realizing that it was needed in order for them to issue a ticket.

Now that a policeman friend has pointed this out to you (and the fact that you can't retrospectively be prosecuted for failing to display it) you would like them to cancel the issing of the ticket as it was obviously done unlawfully and is therefore null and void.

Which is why my tax disc is under the seat
Old 16-05-05, 07:32 PM   #5
atko

As above dispute it.

If there were/are no signs saying you can't and common sense dictate's that it wouldn't be a problem you not parking there! Take them to the cleaners.

As for the tax disc missing stopping you being issued a ticket, I wouldn't agree as why would someone who doesn't have a disc not get a ticket? That would just give people another reason not to bother paying £60 for a disc when a parking ticket charges £30+.
Old 16-05-05, 07:46 PM   #6
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by atko
As for the tax disc missing stopping you being issued a ticket, I wouldn't agree as why would someone who doesn't have a disc not get a ticket?
It's just a question of legal procedure. If the correct procedure isn't followed then the ticket isn't legally binding and will be thown out of court.

Old 16-05-05, 08:10 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: PARKING TICKETS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riktherider
twas parked on an area where push bikes are parked as well, other bikes have been parked there as well, but not today.
On the road...on a pavement....in a off road parking thing?

can you be more specific please.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-05, 08:30 PM   #8
riktherider

its a sort of off road pavement parking for push bikes, ill get a pic if you want. many bikes park there before, and no people walk on their either. if you know bournemouth, then its the little patio shape like thing outside consortium, casa, and yellow river near the square.
i even got follwed by a police officer on my old bike, i stopped and parked their, and he only asked me a couple of questions and didnt say anything about me parking there!!
Old 17-05-05, 08:24 AM   #9
JakeRS

i got a ticket for the same thing, disputed it, and lost
Old 17-05-05, 08:34 AM   #10
Ceri JC

I'd dispute it on the grounds that your vehicle is a bicycle. Post them a copy of the tax/reg documentaiton- it'll say 645cc bicycle.