SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-12-08, 10:58 AM   #1
Jabba

Default Please help me fund-raise

Hi guys,

Some of you will know that I occupy some of my spare time bellringing at Llandaff Cathedral.

The Cathedral has launched a £1.5m appeal for new organ to replace the one that was damaged by lightning last year. There's info about the new organ here: http://www.llandaffcathedral.org.uk/Organ%20Appeal.htm

We, the bellringers, are having a "Sponsored Peal" on Saturday 27th December, starting at about 10:00am (more likely nearer 10:15am). Video is being streamed into the nave of the Cathedral and visitors will be able to see the ringers (inc me - it's a video nasty!) in action. Other ringers will be available to explain what's going on and display boards will have other info available too.

The peal attempt, if successful, will involve 12 ringers in over three hours of continuous ringing and will be a feat of concentration as well as physical effort. It requires all 12 ringers to work together as a team. If one ringer goes badly wrong then all is lost!

Reshfreshments (tea/coffeee, etc - no beer!) will be available at the Cathedral during the peal, so please come along, bring your families, get some fresh air and experience a little bit of "left-field" culture. Nice place to a tea-break during a ride, too

Obviously, there will be the opportunity to sponsor us to raise a few quid for the Organ Fund during your visit, but it's not compulsory and there's no entrance fee to the Cathedral either.

If you can't/don't want to come but are inclined to help our fund-raising then please visit:
http://www.justgiving.com/llandaffsponsoredpeal

I know that you're all probably spent-up and that times are hard anyway but the the smallest donation will be much appreciated

TIA
Old 26-12-08, 06:04 PM   #2
Filipe M.

Default Re: Please help me fund-raise

Would love to drop by, bells and church organs are two of the most beautiful and powerful instruments ever made by men. Listening to them is always a humbling experience for me. Unfortunately I'm a bit too far away right now (btw, link doesn't work...)
Old 26-12-08, 06:10 PM   #3
Lou M

I wish I could pop to this, but will still be in Pembrokeshire. Would be happy to support, can I send a Cheque? If so where? PM me if you wish.

ta
Lou
Old 26-12-08, 09:17 PM   #4
Jabba

Thank you both.

Just spent the last three hours mugging-up as I'm conducting it* So no pressure at all, then

Lou M: you have a PM

Fillypie: link worked for me.

* all 5000 changes have to be different. No conducting means only 132 changes before it repeats. Explanation here.
Old 27-12-08, 12:10 PM   #5
anna
Mega Poster

I hope it went well for you and you guys raised loads of cash ... please send me PM too lovely... by any chance did anyone manage to record it??
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-08, 07:28 PM   #6
Lou M

So how has it gone? Many complaints from the neighbours??!
Old 27-12-08, 08:17 PM   #7
G
Mega Poster

Do the Church of England not pay for stuff like this?

Our house down south was bought by the Church of England for cash straight up, no messing about.

They have plenty of cash dont they?