SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-09-08, 10:45 AM   #1
Dappa D

Default my bike back from garage.

hi all ....

put my bike in garage yesterday....new fork oil...feels good....

balanced carbs...were way out apparently...

check valve clearence...was ok....

sort out my choke / throttle cables and clutch....

throttle is now nice and snappy...it never been like it since i bought it it was very cumbersom i thought that was just how sv's were so well happy with that,....

and when i put bigger jets in i didnt refit the choke plunger correctly so thats all sorted now....

over all im very happy and would recommend rich on 07729866681 to anyone that lives in or around bristol, he;s based in portishead, works from home...used to work at riders aswell as other places....is very good on price (he has a young family and is trying to make a living from home) very nice guy and knows his stuff, he can also collect bike if required and will shortly be doing MOTs also...very nice bloke, i used him based on a reccomendation from alex off here and happy i did.

he did say that although my tires are legal they need replacing......roadsmarts i think ill get next week...

so cheers alex if u read this for the recommendation

Dappa D
Old 07-10-08, 03:28 PM   #2
Xan173

Default Re: my bike back from garage...

No worries. Glad you were pleased with Rich' work.
Old 07-10-08, 03:31 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

I love taking my bike in for a service and getting it back feeling like that....
If you have done the right mileage between services and dont adjust stuff yourself then its gauranteed to come back feeling better, if it doesnt they have just changed the oil and checked nothing else.
Old 07-10-08, 03:36 PM   #4
Xan173

I've asked Fizz to make a sticky for recommended services in the S&WS section.
Old 09-10-08, 01:33 PM   #5
Dappa D

Default Re: my bike back from garage.

cool.....(sorry not kept on top of this thread lol)...yea defo put rich on thre top bloke