SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-03-09, 04:46 PM   #1
gettin2dizzy

Default Facebook

It's no secret that all applications on facebook are third party - and take all of your information to sell on to absolutely anyone (yes your phone number, email, work info, photos...everything!).

But I've just read the terms and conditions of some which say that by agreeing to add the application, you agree to them being able to access all of your account whilst offline. This means they can ALSO access any of your friends details to sell on. Likewise; if your friends have applications added, these mystery companies can access your details to sell on.

If I were you delete all the applications and ramp up the privacy options, or preferably delete the whole account! It's a load of old toss anyway.
Old 08-03-09, 05:26 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Facebook

Facebook has it's uses. Besides, all the information that's on there about me can easily be found in google if you know what you're looking for.

In fact, you can find out more about me from Google than you can facebook. Such as my real address, including house number. Even a phone number that's routed to my house is available in google.
Old 08-03-09, 06:06 PM   #3
andywilson460

All too true. I know that we have had people at work who have been disciplined for their use of facebook - especially with the content some people post, and are then part of a big corporation - It's actually a sackable offence in most organisations!!!! (bringing company name into disrepute)

Watch out
Old 08-03-09, 06:59 PM   #4
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Facebook is the devil, but unfortunately, we are friends!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 07:49 PM   #5
kwak zzr

they can have my info it useless anyhow