SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-06-07, 03:59 PM   #1
Nutkins

Default Murder most fowl?

I've got to get this off my chest and seeing as my local MP is a shower of sh!t, you lot will be caught in the draft as I vent my spleen.

I work in an office, in a block, on a college campus. Okay, let's not be secretive about these Fuc#ers, they're called CEME and have a huge funding by Ford. I get an email from the management of our office block asking for volunteers to help collect two adult geese and four goslings to take to a sanctuary.
When I enquire as to why they are being removed, I was told that CEME have license to shoot them and that they had used this license to effect last year to kill another family of geese.

The only crime committed by these birds was to crap on the foot paths creating the POSSIBILTY of people slipping over. Well, open your f#cking eyes then!

So, I ask why the RSPB didn't come and collect them. I was told they weren't interested because they are Canadian geese and not native to this country.

Basta#ds!

So, for anyone who doesn't have British passport and visits this campus ... beware.
Old 12-06-07, 04:02 PM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Default Re: Murder most fowl?

Good on you for publicising this.If the MP don't want to know how about the local paper?You could embarass the lot of them in one hit there.
Old 12-06-07, 04:06 PM   #3
Nutkins

That's a very good idea. Thanks.
Old 12-06-07, 04:27 PM   #4
Ed

Geese are a damn nuisance, vicious things and yes they make an awful mess. You volunteering to clean it up? Would you be so irritated if it was pigeons?
Old 12-06-07, 04:30 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

Taste pretty good though, the geese themselves...not their faeces
Old 12-06-07, 04:39 PM   #6
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Taste pretty good though, the geese themselves
I'm with you. Collect the geese, and eat 'em!
Old 12-06-07, 05:18 PM   #7
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
Geese are a damn nuisance, vicious things and yes they make an awful mess. You volunteering to clean it up? Would you be so irritated if it was pigeons?
What about rats too? They're commonly poisoned. Personally, I'd prefer to be shot rather than poisoned.
Old 12-06-07, 05:22 PM   #8
neilfab

Mail Bill Oddie at the BBC Nature Watch thingy get it on the Tele??
Old 16-08-07, 12:42 PM   #9
Smudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
What about rats too? They're commonly poisoned. Personally, I'd prefer to be shot rather than poisoned.

rats are poisoned with sorexier cr or warfarin which is an anticoagulant so when they fight each other they bleed to death its not like slug pellets not that im saying its ok to kill if its humane
Old 16-08-07, 01:15 PM   #10
Viney
Mega Poster

Canadian Geese are a pest. They eat so much and are so aggressive to toerh birds that they starve to death, so bullies in the bird world.

I can see you point 100% Nutkins, and really dont agree with them being shot, but they are a nusance to otehr wildlife. Would be good if they could get re-homed.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote