SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-01-07, 01:06 PM   #1
hovis

Default parking ticket

just got a parking ticket for parking on the zig zags out side my house is was only ther a few mins & saw him writing out a ticket so went out .but he said "its too late" so when i started to walk away he asked if i was going to move my car? i said no..i might as well leave it there now....so he said i will give you another ticket........so i said go on then ......i did not think he could do that

anyway i moved the car & now im £30 lighter

over
Old 09-01-07, 01:14 PM   #2
Davido

When you do it 'only for a few minutes' that's when they get you.
Old 09-01-07, 01:16 PM   #3
Kate

Why are there zig zags outside your house?
Old 09-01-07, 01:21 PM   #4
thor

£30? Bargain!
Old 09-01-07, 01:22 PM   #5
svpilot

If it was a school, or crossing I don't have a lot of sympathy. Must be a pain having parking restrictions right outside your house though.
Old 09-01-07, 01:29 PM   #6
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by svpilot
If it was a school, or crossing I don't have a lot of sympathy. Must be a pain having parking restrictions right outside your house though.
Right next to my house there's a path between me & the neighbours house, which at the bottom of it has a (locked) gate on it. Originally this was used by some of the kids nearby to get to the school (it's an infants school), which is right behind the house.

So this means that because of the path, I have zigzags right outside my house. Because of the locked gates, there is no-one that uses the path any more, yet it's still my responsibility to make sure my hedges don't over grow into it (wtf?)

However, the local plod understands the situation, might be handy that the community beat manager is my neighbours brother, but still.

I park outside my own house all the time, and yes, some might argue with me about it, but when you put it into perspective, there's nothing wrong with it. The gate CANNOT be climbed over by any of the kids at the school, and there's a whole 43 kids that even attend the school! I've not had a ticket for it yet, and don't think I will be getting one.

Even if the path was used, it'd still be safe for me to park there in my opinion, because of the low numbers at the school, and the fact that you can't really drive faster than 10mph down my road, due to the speed humps.
Old 09-01-07, 01:30 PM   #7
hovis

zebra crossing
Old 09-01-07, 01:33 PM   #8
Ed

I believe in focusing on the positives. You could have been towed away but you weren't, it would have cost you a lot more, so you have saved about £60

Here in S'bury we don't have zebra crossings. No, seriously - there aren't any. We have the traffic light thingies instead.
Old 09-01-07, 01:41 PM   #9
keithd

can i get this straight...you parked on the zig zags by a zebra crossing? and are ranting about getting a ticket?
Old 09-01-07, 01:44 PM   #10
Apophes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
zebra crossing
no comment really