SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 09-06-11, 04:37 PM   #1
sv robbo

Default riders4research Snetterton track day Friday 19th August 2011

This event is now being held on Friday 19th August 2011

The riders4research event originally planned for Thursday 18th August has now been moved to Friday 19th August 2011. The option to move the date became available & we felt the Friday may encourage more riders to want to take part. People will need to take less time of work to attend if travelling from a far & will have plenty of time to recover being the weekend will follow. Those already booked do not need to do anything, your future correspondence will show the new date, all you need to do is turn up on the right day!

Snetterton 300 Circuit
3 groups. Novice, Intermediate & Advanced
Only £115 per rider

All profits raised from this event go to Cancer Research UK. To book your space click here:

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/product/S...t_BSN180811NOV

Brief reason why:

6 years ago at the age of 24 I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer to my neck & nose. Had to endure a tough course of chemotherapy & radiotherapy which made me rather ill at the time & was a bit close to the dark side for my liking. As the consultant said, we have a problem & need to act fast, it’s all or nothing I’m afraid. At the time, getting out of bed was a struggle let alone the thought of throwing my leg over a bike again. Anyway 6 years later I’m still here, got a wonderful family behind me & am riding bikes again.

The hardest part for me over the last 6 years apart fighting this disease myself, was losing my mum on 30th November last year at the age of 56 after a 7 year battle with breast cancer. She was the bravest person I knew, unless you knew, you’d of never have guessed she was ill & she fought till the bitter end. I’d like to think she, along with my dad made me the man I am today.

I’ve been running riders4research events raising money for Cancer Research UK in the on & off-road world for the last few years, but for obvious reasons this year’s event means a little more to me. It’s something I organise by myself in my spare time for fun. Don’t make a penny out of it, it’s just my way of thanking & giving a little something back to those that helped me & tried to help my mum. It’s not going to change the world or find a cure for this awful disease but hopefully the money we raise can then go on to help others now & in the future.

Cheers, Robbo
Old 13-06-11, 09:08 PM   #2
rusty76

Peeps, I did the Cadwell TD with these guys recently.

Not only is it an extremely worthy cause but it's also a fantastic crack with a great bunch.

Robbo always puts on a great do, and he's also a very pretty young fella to boot

Easytrack are a fairly new TD crew who operate a little differently with regards groups and the number of places which results in a LOT more track time. They are big supporters of this event and 100% onboard.

I'll be there and would great see some other orgers there.

Rusty
Old 14-06-11, 08:08 AM   #3
sv robbo

Default Re: riders4research Snetterton track day Friday 19th August 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Peeps, I did the Cadwell TD with these guys recently.

Not only is it an extremely worthy cause but it's also a fantastic crack with a great bunch.

Robbo always puts on a great do, and he's also a very pretty young fella to boot

Easytrack are a fairly new TD crew who operate a little differently with regards groups and the number of places which results in a LOT more track time. They are big supporters of this event and 100% onboard.

I'll be there and would great see some other orgers there.

Rusty
Why thanks for the support & shameless plug ye young bald wiseman.

You're right, it's going to be a cracking day, be great to try & get some peeps off here involved

Still interested to know what your plans are for a steed?
Old 14-06-11, 10:22 AM   #4
rusty76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv robbo View Post

Still interested to know what your plans are for a steed?
Pick it up Friday. It's a dog!
Old 14-06-11, 11:09 AM   #5
The Idle Biker

Hi Robbo, had a quick look on the link, but might have missed what I was looking for.

How much track time do you get, number off sessions, length of session etc
Old 15-06-11, 12:04 PM   #6
sv robbo

Quote:
So what is it?
Old 15-06-11, 12:15 PM   #7
sv robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
Hi Robbo, had a quick look on the link, but might have missed what I was looking for.

How much track time do you get, number off sessions, length of session etc
Hi mate. We're planning to run 3 groups, max 37 riders per group. 30 minute sessions from 9am until 8pm with an hour for lunch, so plenty of track time to be had, you'll be aching by the end of the day, trust me!

Easy Track run a very relaxed day, based on the final numbers & level of riders booked will determine how many groups are actually run as we can mix it up a bit. Being Snetterton is a wide, long circuit, some other track day organisers have recently been running 200 riders over 4 groups, so limiting it to the numbers stated above you'll have plenty of room on track too
Old 15-06-11, 12:21 PM   #8
rusty76

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sv robbo View Post
So what is it?
Labrador
Old 15-06-11, 12:22 PM   #9
sv robbo

Quote:
Labrador
Funny fecker. That's no way to talk about ya missus
Old 15-06-11, 12:30 PM   #10
rusty76

Get your ar5e up to mallory or donno in the near future and you can see it firsthand.
I'll even let you have a session on it but if you bend it you cough up it's full market value (which will greatly depend on what's left in the tank...)