SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-03-05, 06:59 PM   #11
Stig

Default Re: Rev it! Riding style questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Bud_One
Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear? Don't know, never look at the tacho. I just know when it's time to change

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear? Yes it does

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go? See answer to question 1

4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge? Used to push it on a regular basis, since my accident never push it, basically because I'm learning to ride all over again because nerves are shot to pieces

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style? Sometimes, but NEVER let it affect my riding

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what? Did an advanced riding course as soon as I had passed my test. That and my accident has made me a far more cautious rider

This isn't for a study or survey. Just intrigued to know how other SVer's riding styles compare with mine.

Ta
Old 24-03-05, 10:22 PM   #12
RandyO

Default Re: Rev it! Riding style questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Bud_One
Assuming fair conditions..

1. What's the max revs your comfortable to cruise at before changing up a gear?

2. Does it vary, dependant on gear?

3. (If applicable) When "giving it some", how close/past the red rev lines do you go?

4. Based on a combination of riding ability and national speed limits; Do you drive well within your limits, push it sometimes or always on the edge?

5. Do you never, rarely, sometimes or often have a red mist experience due to other road users? If so, how does it affect your riding style?

6. Has there been a key lesson or experience that's improved your riding? If so, what?

This isn't for a study or survey. Just intrigued to know how other SVer's riding styles compare with mine.

Ta
1. I shift so that when I am in the next higher gear I am minimum 5000 rpm
2. No
3. I try to avoid bouncing it off the rev limiter, it's counter productive, but I do occasionally rev to redline.
4 I always ride withn MY limits
5 by "red mist" you must mean thoughts of road rage, people do stupid things unintentionally, bursting a blood vessel won't do anything except hinder you own health