SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-01-06, 11:01 AM   #1
framboisier

Default information about "official Suzuki windshield "

I come from the french SV forum http://binano.free.fr/, i'm looking for information about winshield

I found this picture of a SV1000 with a great windshield.

I beleive that's the official suzuki winshield, but I'm not sure. I made a search on you forum and I found that

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/partdetail.asp?id=293&m=25

It seems to be the same... I would like to know if you had other pictures (bigger)of bikes with it and what do you think about it : protection, made ....

Thanks a lot, see you soon on the french SV's site web http://binano.free.fr/

François from France
Old 05-01-06, 12:41 PM   #2
framboisier

Anyone know it.... don't be shy answer me
Old 05-01-06, 04:14 PM   #3
Foey

Yes that looks like the official suzuki screen, only available in blue or clear in the UK though, i don't have any experience of it as i have the full faired version but by the size of it i wouldn't think it gives much protection from the wind, genuine suzuki accessories are usually of a fairly good quality, the seat cowl definately is.
Old 05-01-06, 06:26 PM   #4
nuntius

I'll post pics later. Yes, that is the ofical screen, yes it is of good build quality. /and it's not difficult to fit if it comes with instruction (it didn't for me, good bye 3 hours of putting on brackets back to front). As far as protection offered, I can go at 100 (restricted) without getting tired, where as I stuggled at 85 before, but it's never going to be as good as a fairing.
Old 05-01-06, 11:07 PM   #5
nuntius

Ok, took some pics but I was being so lazy I didn't even take it out of the garage. Also note I have dropped the bike a *few* times. The pristine thou in the background is my dad's. The tiny bit of a scooter you can see is my mum's.

from the front. note I also have the vstorm hand guards

Old 05-01-06, 11:56 PM   #6
framboisier

Nuntius you're the best

it looks geat, i hope they have same in suzuki France....
Old 10-01-06, 11:26 AM   #7
nuntius

Make sure you get one to match your bike. Do not get the clear one, as it has a great big black strip along the top and looks terrible
Old 10-01-06, 03:14 PM   #8
madmal

screen looks good in blue. i bought a universal fly screen in dark tint (you can buy them in most uk bike shops and they come in light..med or dark tint plus blue...mailorder a poss). possibly from m&p! it is about 1/2 inch narrower on width and 1 inch taller in height and cost £30.00 squid. it does take some of the wind blast off you at higher speed n deflects wet weather off your chest. would def say fit one.