SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-06-06, 08:37 PM   #1
Phantomtek

Default SV Prices

I have decided to borrow funds and get my SV earlier than September, I would like to learn to ride it through Summer, then I will be well trained for the Winter months and hopefully not stack the bike.

I was eyeing up two possible options,

SV Number One

This is my favourite, quite surprised it hasn't been sold yet! I think it is well worth the money it's up for, and not very far away either.

This is the other choice:

SV Number Two

I like this one, slightly damaged but doesn't bother me if it's not too bad, have emailed the dealer and asked for pictures and mileage but this is ideal because I can part exchange with my bike Which saves the selling malarky.

What you lot think? Ta in advance.
Old 29-06-06, 08:43 PM   #2
BILLY

I'd go for number 1 one owner from new low mile and well looked after, Bike number 2 has been in a front end smash there's no front mudguard and fairing damage the forks might be bent too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29-06-06, 08:50 PM   #3
Phantomtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY
I'd go for number 1 one owner from new low mile and well looked after, Bike number 2 has been in a front end smash there's no front mudguard and fairing damage the forks might be bent too!!!!!!!!!!
Christ! I didn't notice that!

That's good vision you got there, didn't notice that at all. I want the first one, pushing it funds wise, plus it'll be my luck I sell my bike and it gets sold itself, if it isn't already sold

I will go for that one then, though I am really tempted to buy the one I posted in in the for sale section.
Old 30-06-06, 09:46 AM   #4
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY
Yes don't quote me, but I think no mudguard is an MOT fail.

Saw this on one of the links, interesting...

http://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/free...asp?refid=bt02
Old 30-06-06, 01:12 PM   #5
quikstu

Number 1 all the way.
Wouldn't touch a bike which has been in any inpact. Remember they are only interested in selling & making money. They are NOT legally bound to tell you all details so I would be asking myself what are they not telling me????????

Old 30-06-06, 03:17 PM   #6
Phantomtek

I suppose so, he sent me the pictures that I asked about:

I can notice no mudguard and also a crack above the right hand indicator.

Didn't tell me the mileage, I'm going to wait till I get the money together then have another look see if they are still there, will be going to see if either are still there, hopefully the red will still be there because I really like it

Cheers guys.
Old 30-06-06, 03:45 PM   #7
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I would'nt go for the damaged one unless you really know what you are doing.It's far too dear anyway.The other one looks better but do look very critically at it and never pay the asking price.Take someone with you to view,preferably who knows a bit about SVs,but also to act as a damper on your enthusiasm.That way you don't get sucked in to a poor deal.
Old 30-06-06, 04:23 PM   #8
Phantomtek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles
I would'nt go for the damaged one unless you really know what you are doing.It's far too dear anyway.The other one looks better but do look very critically at it and never pay the asking price.Take someone with you to view,preferably who knows a bit about SVs,but also to act as a damper on your enthusiasm.That way you don't get sucked in to a poor deal.
That's a good idea. I was going to haggle down to at least £1600 with the red one, I know from experience that haggling does work, knocked £400 off the price of my other bike. I would have to take extreme3D because he knows everything, and I mean everything about the SV650 and he will be able to advise me, just a matter of finding out whether he will come with, though I suppose I could ring him when I'm on site.

Old 30-06-06, 05:22 PM   #9
Kinvig

Looks like he has dropped the black one - in the picture the right bar end looks scuffed.
Old 30-06-06, 05:43 PM   #10
Razor

Deffo first one, a lot of SVs are third party only so the accident damage might not have been reported. It could be worse than what you can actually see.
A stock bike with service history is worth far more than a modified bike with a dodgy past, nice micron full system on the black bike tho.