SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-04-07, 08:55 AM   #1
scorpion

Default Thank you (Riding style)

Right we've had lots of threads about fuel economy but I just want to say a big thanks to the people who added their valuable knowledge and different opinions about it.

I've been riding for 15 years now and have always been right hand happy whatever I've been riding.

I commute 110 miles a week in and out of London and have always struggled to make a tank last the full week.

Just by adopting what some of you said about short shifting, judging the lights so momentum is kept up and keeping the revs lower I'm now getting about 145 miles before the light comes on.

I'm amazed, I'm happy, I'm grateful.....

THANKS PEOPLE
Old 17-04-07, 08:59 AM   #2
Jelster

Default Re: Thank you (Riding style)

And probably riding smoother for it too.