SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 15-08-10, 03:29 PM   #1
FlyinCustard

Default Pics from solo tour to lakes/yorkshire dales

Just thought I'd share some pics pics from my 1st attempt at some kind of touring.

Day 1 Chesterfield, Derbys to Was****er in Lakes 230miles

Day 2 Was****er down to Baroow-In-Furness and Isle of Walney then up Kirkstone Pass past Lake Windermere and Ullswater to Penrith. All the way up A686 (reported to be britains best a road) to Hadrians Wall then dropped back down over the moors to Hawes in Yorkshire Dales. 260miles

Day 3 Spent day 3 as a bit of a rest day, just spent the day just bobbing up and down the little roads over the moors. 100 miles

Day 4 Dropped down from Hawes to look at the Ribblehead Viaduct then went east again over all the little roads over the tops all the way to Scarbrough. After dinner in Scarbrough I started making my way back home via Bridlington. 305 miles

Everyday I got absoloutely p*ss wet through but I loved every mile of the 890 odd i covered and its definatley something I want to do again. Gets a bit boring at night on your todd though!

Day 1

Day 2

Hilpsford Point on Isle of Walney.

Cafe at the peak of the A686. I recon it's the highest in the uk, as you can see conditions were not the greatest! Cheapest cafe I went to all trip £1.70 for a cupa and a caramel slice

Remains of a Roman fort on Hadrians Wall
Day 3

Tan Hill Inn in the Yorks Dales about 10-15miles North of Hawes via the a rate good road called Buttertubs Pass. Supposed to be the highest inn in the UK.My bike attracting all the chicks as per usual

Views from Tan Hill car park are amazing!(weather permitting)
Day 4

Ribblehead Viaduct

Thanks for looking
Old 15-08-10, 03:33 PM   #2
FlyinCustard

Default Re: Pics from solo tour to lakes/yorkshire dales

yea that would be wast-water never noticed that word was sandwiched in the middle of it. lol
Old 15-08-10, 03:38 PM   #3
caz650s

Hope You had a good time ... weather looks a bit cr*p though
Old 15-08-10, 03:42 PM   #4
Geodude
Mega Poster

Nice pics bud pity about weather for some of it. I dont think ive ever gone to hartside cafe when it wasnt wet or foggy lol

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-10, 07:31 PM   #5
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Tan Hill is the highest pub in the UK. Over New Year guests were snowed in for a week I believe, with no gritter or plough able to get to them out, completely cut off from the outside world, in a pub....gah some get all the fun!

I has been there in the height of summer, when they had pet ducks and sheep sat out on the front porch with the paying guests!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote