SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-09-11, 06:49 PM   #51
fenjer

Default Re: Camping Weekend in the Peaks September 9th-11th

And you didnt join in?! *shocked*
Old 12-09-11, 06:51 PM   #52
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Your mate looked **** scared Ratty!

Did wonder if you were part of the org
Old 12-09-11, 07:00 PM   #53
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjer View Post
That just made me LOL - well done Dave!
Good! was a bit scared it'd get taken wrong

Didn't want to put it in the other thread, but is there anywhere to enquire about the emergency services practice/operation? I'm still in shock at their system - felt like I was going mad on the phone to them.

You would have thought that paramedic you mentioned would have understood head injuries a bit more but hey ho. I'm not complaining, the people I saw were good and grateful they came..but it's one of the things playing on my mind a bit.
Old 12-09-11, 07:03 PM   #54
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Your mate looked **** scared Ratty!

Did wonder if you were part of the org
Ha Ha Har... I promised a gentle run up for a brew whilst his ZXR is off the road. His 14 st bulk did make it a little difficult keeping the front wheel on the ground in the first 3 gears

Ratty

Last edited by Ratty; 12-09-11 at 07:04 PM.
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:08 PM   #55
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Ha Ha Har... I promised a gentle run up for a brew whilst his ZXR is off the road. His 14 st bulk did make it a little difficult keeping the front wheel on the ground in the first 3 gears

Ratty
I think you came passed me on the cat IIRC , I just remember seeing the chap look over his shoulder for a split second before looking to get sucked into the g-force of the corner.
Old 12-09-11, 07:15 PM   #56
fenjer

Dave, I think IACS would be a good place to start, they might be able to help. Phone number West Midlands: 0300 456 2370.

While you're not technically making a complaint this page might help.

I must admit I remember at one point a good ten minutes after I got there looking up and shouting "where is that fecking ambulance!"
Old 12-09-11, 07:21 PM   #57
orose

I have a suspicion that they may have called for the air ambulance first and then been told that they needed to send a land based one due to the weather, hence the slight delay - we are only talking about 20 minutes tops from first call to arrival, so they're probably well within their response time for the remote location.
Old 12-09-11, 07:25 PM   #58
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjer View Post
Dave, I think IACS would be a good place to start, they might be able to help. Phone number West Midlands: 0300 456 2370.

While you're not technically making a complaint this page might help.

I must admit I remember at one point a good ten minutes after I got there looking up and shouting "where is that fecking ambulance!"
Thanks.
I can't really accurately say how much time had passed it was going fast yet felt like forever. I got cut off from one operator then got on the phone to the next I gave them the address and post code and all they'd say was "sorry I'm having trouble finding that address" I'm sure at one point they asked if we really needed an ambulance. After what felt like ages someone said "who the ****s on the other end of that phone?" which convinced me I wasn't the one going mad but after another what felt like 5 minutes that confidence had gone and I just had to pass the phone on. Never felt desperation or helplessness like that, annoyingly one of my first thoughts was why the **** haven't I done a course on this

They seriously need to revise their systems, all I could hear in the background were the farmers saying "this happened last time, they don't want to know" which wasn't appreciated - but if true it shows it's not an isolated case. Marie(?) said the call came in as an overturned car too, I must have said "we have a seriously injured biker" about 3 times.
If the royal mail can find it the ambulance service really should be able to.

Edit: sorry if this isn't th time or place for this , just venting I guess. Wouldn't like the same situation to repeat

Last edited by Dave20046; 12-09-11 at 07:39 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:39 PM   #59
MisterTommyH

Was it definately WMAS that came out / cover that area?

If it is, then there is a 'customer experience' number on their website. I have a mate who works for them so I'll try to find out what the response time is for that kind of are if it helps.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:41 PM   #60
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by orose View Post
I have a suspicion that they may have called for the air ambulance first and then been told that they needed to send a land based one due to the weather, hence the slight delay - we are only talking about 20 minutes tops from first call to arrival, so they're probably well within their response time for the remote location.
I think it must have been thirty minutes+,maybe that's just what it felt like.. but it felt like atleast 10 minutes before we had a mum on the scene

Tommy - that's be good