SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 22-01-10, 09:46 AM   #1
svjonesy

Default Insurance

As a rookie i'm unsure about whether I should be taking out specific insurance to cover me/ bike/ kit whilst racing?

What insurance do you experienced racers have and what company's would you recommend?
Old 22-01-10, 11:20 AM   #2
SteveJ

Default Re: Insurance

Same question from me but also have you informed your life insurance companies and, if so, were premiums increased?

(Another rookie)

Steve
Old 22-01-10, 12:00 PM   #3
adjblade

For my LTD company I took out accident insurance, a £430 premium gives me 400 a week should I be unable to work subject to conditions. You can choose how much you want to pay but this will reflect the pay out amounts, for example £130 = 100 a week.
A lot of the BSB boys use this company so I am told. Give Nicola at
http://www.doodsonbg.com/ a call

Cheers
AJ
Old 23-01-10, 01:18 AM   #4
coolbreeze

i use the motorcycle news compare site its pretty good
Old 29-01-10, 06:27 PM   #5
coxxy

This is a useful thread and insurance is easily overlooked at the beginning of a new season, we have signed up to combined insurance over the last few years and they seem to pay out huge sums for broken bones and hospital stays as well as loss of work etc falling off could almost be a professional opportunity in this recession! Give them a call on 0800 169 7733, mention that samcoxracing recommended them. They come round the paddock anyway (usually when you are really busy)
Old 30-01-10, 01:54 AM   #6
svjonesy

cheers coxxy I will give them a call
Old 30-01-10, 07:10 AM   #7
cbay
Mega Poster

Best to pay insurances so your covered for everything aslong as you can afford it! At end of the day, accidents do happen.... No matter how good or rubbish you are.
cbay is offline   Reply With Quote