SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-13, 08:51 AM   #1
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default Best looking Hugger for the SV?

I've been looking into huggers for abit now and I've come into two problems.
There never seems to be a photo of the actual product you're buying, instead it's a generic photo of a hugger off a Gsxr or something.
They always seem to be really big, round and numb looking.
Like this:

Ideally I want something sharp and minimal like these two

I know the first one is pushing the boat out abit but you get my jist.
Why should other bikes get fancy looking huggers and we get left with something that looks like it's been made out of the shell of a toy from a kinder egg?

Can anybody advise any 'different' looking huggers, or take this opportunity to just upload your photo of your hugger, and the name of it for future use so people know what the actual hugger looks like that they're buying from Puig or Powerbronze etc.
Thanks for reading
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 10:25 AM   #2
nikon70

Default Re: Best looking Hugger for the SV?

buy the big one and cut it to shape, make holes in it if you like... etc

you don't have to replace the chain guard as long as you are happy to make a bracket to attach the hugger to the bike.

I like the one on the BMWs...

Old 19-08-13, 12:08 PM   #3
mikerj

Default Re: Best looking Hugger for the SV?

You are never going to have the minimalist look for a hugger on the Pointy SV because of the plain swingarm design and lack of mounting points. Because the hugger has to use the chain guard mounts, it replaces the chainguard and immediately becomes bigger and bulkier for it.

If you don't mind about the chain flinging crap everywhere you could trim down the front and back end of the chain guard of the Pyramid hugger, and they look an awful lot better in black as well.

Or you could buy a curvy! You can get very short huggers (more of a small splash guard really) that bolt directly into the swingarm in front of the tyre as Suzuki actually provided mounting points on these models.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 07:35 PM   #4
MMN

Default Best looking Hugger for the SV?

I would love to fit a BMW One on my pointy.