SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-12-17, 11:53 AM   #5241
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Some people have better immune systems than others, you are probably one of the lucky ones. Apparently humans who survived the black death and other plagues still passed on immunity to their offsprings down the generations.

I have only ever had one flu jab, made me so ill I may as well have got proper flu, apparently they grow flu virus in hens eggs - so my allergy to hens eggs may have been an issue that was never discussed.

I have only had proper flu once and I am nearly as old as you ..... when there is flu or colds around I wash my hands at every opportunity or use alcohol gel, most colds and flu are passed on through door handles, computer mouse etc rather than airborne sneezes. Some people will sneeze or cough into their hands and open doors. leaving their infected slime on the handles - UGGH - I have also noticed how many blokes (and women are no better according to my wife) don't wash their hands after using toilets, even if they have done a No2 in a cubicle - what is wrong with these people.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-17, 05:20 PM   #5242
embee
Mega Poster

I've had flu twice. I can well understand how frail/vulnerable folk can die of it.
Old 19-12-17, 08:11 AM   #5243
keith_d
Mega Poster

White van drivers that crash into your car while it's parked, then race off before anyone can get their registration. Looks like I pay a £350 excess then higher premiums for the next few years.

I hope the scrote gets the Christmas he deserves.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 09:13 AM   #5244
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_d View Post
White van drivers that crash into your car while it's parked, then race off before anyone can get their registration. Looks like I pay a £350 excess then higher premiums for the next few years.

Any CCTV around where the van hit your car, if so ask the businesses or even private individuals if they caught anything. Our house has CCTV and I would gladly help if asked by someone - especially in a 'hit and run' case like yours. A delivery van severely cut across a 'T' junction by us just as I was coming up to the give-way line, I had to jam anchors on but luckily I have dashcam and would have had video evidence.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 19-12-17, 02:21 PM   #5245
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:

Had my car hit by a hit & run on New Years Eve/Day, probably a Taxi.

*******s
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-17, 07:34 PM   #5246
DJ123
Mega Poster

Quote:

Speak to the https://www.mib.org.uk/ and see if they can help. You pay a fee to them in all motor vehicle policies, so why not see if you can get some help

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-clai...traced-driver/

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-17, 11:40 AM   #5247
timwilky
Mega Poster

Like!

Why does a certain sub culture need to insert the word "like" into every sentence. Usually as an attempt to terminate said sentence. This morning I watched a news article that include an interview with a group of girls that had been friends of one of the Manchester bomb victims, visiting Eurodisney. The unnecessary use of the word "like" by at least 4 girls in almost every sentence meant the article and reporting intent was completely lost. It was not just I who noticed. My daughter started counting the "likes"!
Old 20-12-17, 01:58 PM   #5248
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Like!

Why does a certain sub culture need to insert the word "like" into every sentence. Usually as an attempt to terminate said sentence. This morning I watched a news article that include an interview with a group of girls that had been friends of one of the Manchester bomb victims, visiting Eurodisney. The unnecessary use of the word "like" by at least 4 girls in almost every sentence meant the article and reporting intent was completely lost. It was not just I who noticed. My daughter started counting the "likes"!
Any scousers on here are like, gonna be like upset and like, well offended like when you criticise their like favourite work like.

Could also be like a millennial facebook thing like to want lots of likes, like, you know what I mean like?

Old 20-12-17, 03:47 PM   #5249
embee
Mega Poster

So, ..........................
Old 20-12-17, 03:49 PM   #5250
punyXpress
Mega Poster

.............. like !