SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-05-09, 07:52 AM   #1
keithd

Default its back!!! teh wednesday "post me a riddle" thread. sponsored by Brains Faggots

A number has five different digits, none of which is 0:
(A) The first plus the second equal the third digit;
(B) The third times 2 plus the second equals the fifth;
(C)The second times 2 equals the first;
(D) The first times 4 equals the fourth; and
(E) The fourth minus the second equals the fifth.

what is teh number.....

ps not a trick, tis a genuine riddle. no googling please, where's the fun in that....tis purely to get the brain juices flowing mid week....
Old 13-05-09, 07:54 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: its back!!! teh wednesday "post me a riddle" thread. sponsored by Brains Faggots

I thought this was the what you doing at the weekend thread.

I already know the answer.
Old 13-05-09, 07:58 AM   #3
Venom

Default Re: its back!!! teh wednesday "post me a riddle" thread. sponsored by Brains Faggots

Old 13-05-09, 08:00 AM   #4
krhall

I have the answer, but googled it so as I didn't read that bit I won't post!
Old 13-05-09, 08:02 AM   #5
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
that was short and sweet. i sincerely hope you just worked it out and didnt already know....!!

your turn..!
Old 13-05-09, 08:08 AM   #6
Samnooshka

it is fairly easy to work out
Old 13-05-09, 08:11 AM   #7
Venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
that was short and sweet. i sincerely hope you just worked it out and didnt already know....!!

your turn..!
Yes, I did. Took me a couple of minutes.

Looking at your riddle,the lowest number should be the second number. I guessed a 1 would be there, it gave me a starting point to work out all the other numbers using your clues.

Which triangle has a bigger area: 1. A triangle with sides measuring 300, 400, and 500. 2. A triangle with sides measuring 300, 400, and 700.
Old 13-05-09, 08:24 AM   #8
plowsie

3,4,500 is bigger. Just worked it out on a piece of paper.
Old 13-05-09, 08:27 AM   #9
Samnooshka

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
That is correct... but the 2nd triangle can't exist
Old 13-05-09, 08:29 AM   #10
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
is it? blimey, my maths from school has squeezed from my brain then