SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-04-11, 11:30 AM   #1
Brettus

Default "dragons den" ideas

one of the many methods of staving off boredom at work is proposing "dragons den" ideas, the more outlandish the better. I wondered what the org could come up with.

Todays suggestion from me was Photovoltaic sunscreen, jumper leads on the nipples and sizzle away while you charge your favourite gadget!
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 11:34 AM   #2
MiniMatt

Default Re: "dragons den" ideas

Prescription visors for bike helmets. Followed by prescription windscreens for cars.

For people who can't get on with contact lasers, don't want to be lasered, and aren't too keen on glasses either. That'd be me then.

Who's in?
Old 08-04-11, 11:49 AM   #3
Specialone

Towbar that will take front wheel of a motorbike so you can tow it without a trailer, unless they exist already (?)
Old 08-04-11, 12:23 PM   #4
MiniMatt

Hmm, I like that idea a lot. Though part of me thinks there must be some engineering/legal freakyness that could cause problems, presumably the bike would need to be able to rotate around it's headstock normally; suppose a worry could be some stone/bump/voodoo knocking it into gear whilst being towed.

Have seen dirt bikes carried perpendicular to the vehicle with both wheels off the road (like you see scooters on the back of motorhomes sometimes), and it seems at least one person has tried with a full weight bike - http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheele...est-drive.html - but not sure I'd trust the weight and leverage not to bend the back of the car out of whack.
Old 08-04-11, 02:10 PM   #5
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMatt View Post
Prescription visors for bike helmets. Followed by prescription windscreens for cars.

For people who can't get on with contact lasers, don't want to be lasered, and aren't too keen on glasses either. That'd be me then.

Who's in?
That's me - I need that.

And also:

A vacuum cleaner that actualy removes cat hair from carpets, bed covers and curtains without any difficulty OR a cat that doesn't shed fur unless it is in the garden. And cat litter that stays in the litter box and doesn't get stuck to the cat's feet then walked all over the house.

Wine that tastes like wine but contains no alcohol as I like drinking it but hate feeling drunk.

High heels that don't hurt - although M&S claim to have invented these so I'm going to try some on tonight!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Insol...d_s=left-nav-2
Old 08-04-11, 02:50 PM   #6
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
That's me - I need that.

High heels that don't hurt - although M&S claim to have invented these so I'm going to try some on tonight!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Insol...d_s=left-nav-2
I'm sceptical. though for me they ain't that high
but let us know what you think LPH they could become my new workwear shoes
Old 08-04-11, 03:04 PM   #7
The Idle Biker

An instant hangover cure, or even a substance that will instantly make you un-drunk. I have a hangover today.
Old 08-04-11, 03:10 PM   #8
LankyIanB

specialone - see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KAWASAKI-MOTOR...item43a6375b16
Old 08-04-11, 03:56 PM   #9
Specialone

Yeah that's the kind of thing I had in mind, but with a slight pivot so it turned better and a winch of some description so it lifted the front end.
Old 08-04-11, 04:37 PM   #10
Fruity-ya-ya

Talking Re: "dragons den" ideas

Perhaps some steamer attachments for plumping the pile from carpet indentations left by moving furniture.