SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-07-05, 02:33 PM   #1
SVeeedy Gonzales

Default She's dead - it's official!

Bike has just been pronounced a category B total loss

"vehicles categorised as either A or B are considered to be so severely accident damaged that they should never reappear on the road"

Gutted, though with the front wheel off and so on I kind of knew it wouldn't be going back on the road. Still a bit of a shock to know it's definitely new bike time. Said they're going to make me an offer in the next 2 or 3 working days.

Anyone got any tips/cunning things to say when they make their offer, to make them offer some more (apart from spluttering and saying "how much!?")
Old 08-07-05, 02:43 PM   #2
Iansv

collect some adverts together that show equivalent spec'd sv's to yours with high prices

Good luck, sorry for the loss
Old 08-07-05, 03:07 PM   #3
will

you might try to get them to give you the remains for zero (or very little) if there's anything worth re-selling to make a few more quid (and keep the forum vultures fed)

good luck

is your avatar picture a clue to what you want next?
Old 08-07-05, 04:14 PM   #4
Mr Toad

If it's Cat A or B then I don't think you are allowed to get it back in case you try & put it on the road
Old 08-07-05, 04:23 PM   #5
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
If it's Cat A or B then I don't think you are allowed to get it back in case you try & put it on the road
Nah. Tim got his bike back, and that sure as hell aint fit for the road!
Old 08-07-05, 04:28 PM   #6
RenamedMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iansv
collect some adverts together that show equivalent spec'd sv's to yours with high prices

Good luck, sorry for the loss
Always refuse the first offer (unless it's really good!) and do above.
Old 08-07-05, 04:37 PM   #7
kwak zzr

sorry to hear about your bike and good luck with the insurance company they wont pay you as fast as you had to pay them(legalized robbery) yea and refusing the first offer is always a good un.
Old 09-07-05, 09:43 PM   #8
Ed

Default Re: She's dead - it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Anyone got any tips/cunning things to say when they make their offer, to make them offer some more (apart from spluttering and saying "how much!?")
Yep. Ask Dan (Wiltshire 7). He's got a good track record
Old 09-07-05, 11:30 PM   #9
Wiltshire7

:P

ive been paid out on 3 occasions now from insurance companys and every time i just say its worth more. dont argue, dont get angry etc, afteral the person you speak to couldnt care less one way or the other.

i was asked to provide proof before of what they can be bought for. so i looked up auto trader and found a simular car for a price a few hundred quid more than they offered.

i think they generally accept u will say its not enough and pay u out accordingly. i wont ever accept a first offer even if im happy with it. (except for the most recent!).

anyway, whatever u do just remember they wanna hold onto their cash as long as possible so keep at em! a phone call every few days does wonders.

good luck.
Old 09-07-05, 11:33 PM   #10
didge

Default Re: She's dead - it's official!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVeeedy Gonzales
Bike has just been pronounced a category B total loss

"vehicles categorised as either A or B are considered to be so severely accident damaged that they should never reappear on the road"

Gutted, though with the front wheel off and so on I kind of knew it wouldn't be going back on the road. Still a bit of a shock to know it's definitely new bike time. Said they're going to make me an offer in the next 2 or 3 working days.

sorry to hear that m8