SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-07-12, 08:51 PM   #241
unclepoo

Default Re: TPS Adjustment Step-by-Step Pictorial Guide

I went out on the sv this evening....Its much smoother, now a pleasure to ride at slow speeds through town etc, only one complaint....where i was getting a nice bang on the over run at about 4500 before the tps adjustment...this seems to have almost gone, just one bang so far. The mid-range feels fatter too. I`m guessing slightly more fuel is now going in, so i might try removing the air-box snorkel again, I loved the noise but fueling wasn`t right before.
Old 16-07-12, 08:57 PM   #242
dkid

Taken mine to work tonight after adjusting yesterday. Defo smoother lower down, nicer pick up through the rev range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclepoo View Post
i might try removing the air-box snorkel again, I loved the noise but fueling wasn`t right before.
You could try the sv1000 snorkel. No fueling problems here and had it in for a few months now. Noise is somewhere between 650 snorkel in and no snorkel at all. No performance gains to be had but if it's the noise you like.....
Old 16-07-12, 09:00 PM   #243
Bibio
Mega Poster

just cut the 650 snorkel it works a treat.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-12, 08:11 PM   #244
dirtyred619

I've just done this tonight after only spotting the thread the other day. My line was moving from middle to top at 3500 revs! I bought the tool from a few posts ago as I didn't have the right bits and found adjusting the sensor quite easy and managed to get it pretty much bang on now so the line moved just after starting to rev. It's defo smoother now although I didn't think it was too bad before. And while I had the tank up I did a snorkelectomy at the same time and gotta say I quite like the extra noise!

Last edited by dirtyred619; 18-07-12 at 08:12 PM.
Old 19-07-12, 04:37 PM   #245
heedbaw

I've run into a problem getting my K5 back on the road, everything was going fine but now it won't fire up. Checking the dealer codes and I noticed that the line is up at the top without as soon as the ignition is turned on. Anyone know if adjusting the TPS could help here, I'm assuming as it's at that position that it's just flooding the engine on start-up. There are no error codes appearing, checked all wiring and connections, coils, spark plugs etc.
Thing is the first time I fired it up everything was running smooth, wheeled it out the garage and it died. Now it's being stubborn and refusing to start.
Old 19-07-12, 04:51 PM   #246
Elliott

Before you touch anything check power (battery) Fuel (Pump + tank) Spark.

If none of them have caused it then go ahead.
Old 19-07-12, 06:04 PM   #247
unclepoo

If the line is at the top at tick-over, it is over fueling. Loosen the screws and and move the tps a fraction clockwise. Turn off the ignition and remove the wire link. Restart, if you can.
Old 05-08-12, 04:09 PM   #248
heedbaw

Okay, I'm back for more. I've done the adjustment and it's coming in where I want it. But I'm not having much luck. Got MOT'd, but somehow managed to snap the chain on the way back. Replaced chain and went and got taxed, then had no joy getting it started.
It's turning over but not catching, I've since took a multimeter to everything but that turned up nothing, neither is there any warnings or error codes. As a last try I put my bro's old NGK CR9s in in place of the new CR8s I had just fitted and it started on the button. Still has a bit of a rough spot when rolling onto the throttle between 3k and 3.5k that disappears when it hits 4k, but there's no problem if I just open it up a lot faster. Anyone have any ideas what could be happening here?
Old 17-08-12, 11:13 PM   #249
Kalessin

I first saw this thread about two years ago, but I'm no mechanic and the thought of tinkering with stuff that might make my bike cut out and refuse to start, as happened with other posters, put me right off. When I bought my SV, my first bike in 12 years, I noticed a lack of fine throttle control, but I naturally assumed it was me being out of practice.

Admittedly, it was partly me. But I've been riding for four years now and curiosity finally got the better of me. I read and re-read this thread to make sure I was as prepared as possible. I bought the required T25 security bit and made the adjustment.

Wow! It's now fantastic to ride!

I used to have to use the clutch for slow manoeuvring like turning right at mini roundabouts. Not any more. Everything feels much smoother, and I am more relaxed and confident as a result.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread, you all made it easy for me to improve my riding experience.
Old 26-09-12, 07:37 AM   #250
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Would any adjustments made to the TPS affect a PCIII? I paid a lovely man to set up the PCIII properly and don't want to undo his hard work!

Regards

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote