SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 09-06-11, 10:50 AM   #11
darkdreamsgal

Default Re: Pembrey, Mallory Park, Rockingham - end June, early July

Ok, I've booked Mallory on 2nd regardless!

Also considering Rockingham on 9th.
Old 09-06-11, 11:23 AM   #12
Nick_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdreamsgal View Post
Ok, I've booked Mallory on 2nd regardless!

Also considering Rockingham on 9th.
I will b booking when I get paid

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 12:36 PM   #13
metalhead19

I can do either or I think. Doubt i can afford both or that my bike could take it.
Will decided closer to the time. Il only be living 3miles from Mallory so anyone is welcome to stop off for a cuppa
Old 09-06-11, 12:41 PM   #14
phil24_7
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdreamsgal View Post
I'm leaning towards the Mallory ones... :P

What's the Rockingham superbike circuit like, anyone know?? International looks fun but oval looks bloody boring!! http://www.motorsport.co.uk/race-cir...am/index.shtml
Not sure what the Superbike track is like, I think it may be a slightly different version of the International, which in my opinion, is pants. It moves from the inner track, to the oval, and just doesn't flow. The join between the oval and the inner track is like hitting a kerb and they also use traffic calming measures to keep the speeds down. The National circuit however, is effin awesome. My joint top track. It's quite short and quite technical and once you know it, you can do some lovely overtakes in some ridiculous places!

I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time!

Blue SV650 K3, GSX-R K5 front end, TL1000S clip-ons, lower fairings, seat cowl, gel seat, Pyramid undertray, R&G crash bungs, stainless steel bar ends, full titanium Akrapovic exhaust, Power Commander, clear rear light, flush mount front indys, mini rear indys, Autocom 300 duo intercom, Acumen cat 1 alarm and Micheline Pilot Power 2ct's.
phil24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 12:48 PM   #15
metalhead19

Just looked on the No Limits site at the Mallory day (2nd) on the site it says a 105db limit, however if you download the track info pack, it says 105 for weekdays and 98db for weekends......But it doesnt provide any indication of at what revs they test at.

All i know is my bike is unlikely/very borderline to pass at 98db if they have a noise test similar to Castle Combe.
Old 09-06-11, 12:53 PM   #16
darkdreamsgal

Nick - Good stuff! I will probably try and find a place to crash the night before so let me know if you want me to check it out for you as well.

Phil - Called NoLimits to check. Superbike is, as you say, a slightly different version of International. Thanks for the note on the 'flow' of the tracks. I'd still prefer to do a Saturday TD, rather than Sunday, but sounds like the National is more my thing... Choices, choices!!

Metalhead - Why dontcha call MSV and ask them?

Jo
Old 09-06-11, 01:04 PM   #17
metalhead19

Have spoken to No limits about Mallory on the 2nd. They said its actually a 98db day, however the guy said that they dont have any noise testing facilities at the circuit to there should be no issue about noise
Also, they said there appears to plenty of space in all groups currently.
Its looking fairly likely ill be booking up
Which group you booked into Jo?
Old 09-06-11, 02:51 PM   #18
darkdreamsgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead19 View Post
Have spoken to No limits about Mallory on the 2nd. They said its actually a 98db day, however the guy said that they dont have any noise testing facilities at the circuit to there should be no issue about noise
Also, they said there appears to plenty of space in all groups currently.
Its looking fairly likely ill be booking up
Which group you booked into Jo?

Yay!

Novices - first time on the Daytona, first time at Mallory, and first time with No Limits... pushing it would be a very silly idea!

But doesn't matter if you book onto another - there'll still be at least one session when neither of us is riding lol

Jo
Old 09-06-11, 03:02 PM   #19
metalhead19

Il be in novice. Definitely not good enough for inters yet. Plus have never done Mallory.
I have a flat 3 miles way from Mallory Circuit, so anyone going is welcome to drop by for a break and a brew/crash the night if wanted ( i have a spare room + sofas).
Old 09-06-11, 03:02 PM   #20
metalhead19

Il be in novice. Definitely not good enough for inters yet. Plus have never done Mallory.
I have a flat 3 miles way from Mallory Circuit, so anyone going is welcome to drop by for a break and a brew/crash the night if wanted ( i have a spare room + sofas).