SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-07-16, 10:04 AM   #1
madjohn

Default Picked up my new SV yesterday.

Picked up my new SV650L7 yesterday. White and Blue. This will be SV No 5.

Early days so far but loving it o far
Old 17-07-16, 10:18 AM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Picked up my new SV yesterday.

Happy days!
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-16, 10:20 AM   #3
Swin

Still planning to replace my SV with another SV too!
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-16, 11:40 AM   #4
macamxthe1st

Done over 3,000 miles on mine now, just gets better and better. Get shot of the standard tyres and stick on something like Michelin PR4's and really enjoy the full potential of this cracking bike.

Geoff.
Old 17-07-16, 06:41 PM   #5
Geodude
Mega Poster

Nice one, enjoy

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-16, 10:25 PM   #6
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Are you the chap I spoke to at Newcastle Motorcycles?. Nice bike.
Old 18-07-16, 06:20 AM   #7
macamxthe1st

For those of us lucky enough to have L7 models beware of the mistake that I made. This is my first SV650 but I have owned several other Suzuki models previously so when I was shopping around for insurance I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped. This raised a concern with me and I rang the insurance company. To my horror I was informed that the underwriter that I had taken the policy with would now not provide cover. The broker (Bennetts) placed it with another company with minimal extra cost so all is well. Now my point is that not being knowledgeable about specifically the SV650 if I had had to claim it would have been rejected. One other thing came to light during this exercise, if you declare that your bike is kept in a garage at home and it gets nicked of the drive then guess what, you ain't covered mate. Wonderful.
Old 18-07-16, 08:46 AM   #8
Swin

Quote:
Originally Posted by macamxthe1st View Post
For those of us lucky enough to have L7 models beware of the mistake that I made. This is my first SV650 but I have owned several other Suzuki models previously so when I was shopping around for insurance I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped. This raised a concern with me and I rang the insurance company. To my horror I was informed that the underwriter that I had taken the policy with would now not provide cover. The broker (Bennetts) placed it with another company with minimal extra cost so all is well. Now my point is that not being knowledgeable about specifically the SV650 if I had had to claim it would have been rejected. One other thing came to light during this exercise, if you declare that your bike is kept in a garage at home and it gets nicked of the drive then guess what, you ain't covered mate. Wonderful.
I have fallen afoul of the garage ruling, bike was nicked off my front garden and the insurer wanted to surcharge me for not having the bike in the garage. I disputed this as i work shifts and hadn't finished with the bike in a working day sense. Eventually this was accepted as I didn't get a surcharge on the payout - either that or they forgot
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-16, 12:16 PM   #9
Artstu

Quote:
I ticked the box relating to security as Suzuki security system fitted. When I got the bike I found that the ignition key is not in fact microchipped.
So the Suzuki brochure is incorrect in stating the new SV650 has an SAIS Suzuki advanced immobiliser system?
Artstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-16, 12:22 PM   #10
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
phone your suzuki dealer. as far as i'm aware the new SV does not have an immobiliser so does not have a microchip key. even with the suzuki alarm system the key does not have a chip.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote