SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-03-18, 08:59 PM   #1
Colinreid

Default Can you identify this exhaust?

I’m hoping somebody here can help me identify the brand of this exhaust... We can’t find any markings on the exhaust itself and nothing to suggest what company produced it.

I’m told that the Yoshimura sticker was an afterthought and the exhaust isn’t actually Yoshimura.

This is a long shot but maybe somebody has a wealth of knowledge enough to identify it.

It’s putting out around 100 decibels of car-alarm triggering noise and so we are also looking to buy a baffle for it if anyone can recommend a suitable one.

Cheers all

multiple image upload
Old 14-03-18, 10:07 PM   #2
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: Can you identify this exhaust?

I'm pretty sure that's a FreeFlow end can. I had one on my little gixer 400 and I have one on my Curvy. Much too loud without a baffle but lovely and burbly with a baffle in.
They only get made occasionally. They are apparently made in the same place as Beowulf cans and appear to be unbadged versions of them. They're really nicely made and astonishingly cheap. I paid £112.00 for each of mine, with the link pipe included.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-18, 10:45 PM   #3
Colinreid

Wow, yes it looks identical to the Beowulf 380 oval! It does sound superb as is and I imagine with the baffle it’ll be perfect. Out of curiosity, if these cans are only made now and again, how does one get their hands on it?

I’m probaby going to pick this Beowulf baffle up in hopes that it will fit! What do you reckon?
http://www.beowulfuk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BAFQSSE

Thanks very much for helping out!
Old 15-03-18, 07:54 AM   #4
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I bought both of mine through their ebay shop. I haven't seen any advertised or being sold for 3 or 4 years though so I assume they're not making any currently.

That baffle looks from the picture like it should fit ok.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-18, 12:53 AM   #5
Colinreid

Thanks again for the info! I’ve went ahead and ordered the baffle in hopes that it fits, so fingers crossed.
Old 17-03-18, 04:56 PM   #6
Davemurphy007

Looks remarkable similar to my Viper can (but it isn’t one). If the Beowolf baffle doesn’t work, then a Viper one might do instead.

Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle - www.youtube.com/davemurphyengineer
Facebook: DME Vlogs - Twitter: @MrChipMurphy
Davemurphy007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-18, 12:05 AM   #7
AZ Pete

Yoshimura RS3...had one on my K6. Came with a baffle that slips into the end and is secured with an screw into that hole in the bottom of the end. The cans came in carbon fiber as well as chrome steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk